4 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo74

jimbo74

Silver Level Toyz Member

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

so i finally got the 7151x..... i was looking around at it, and an issue concerns me... if i lose or bust the rubber band, the pin will fall out.... does anyone have a solution or remedy to this? i am going to the hardware store tomorrow so i might look there for some spring roll pins, i might even already have some from my old rc cars

#2 J.T.

J.T.

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Nascar<br />R/C building, fixing, and Racing<br />Asst. Coach Travel softball, my 14 yo team<br />Classic cars ( 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo 350 4bolt 430 HP )<br />Two Daughters 14 and 16

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

R[quo name='jimbo74' date='Jan 4 2011, 05:46 AM' post='377422']
so i finally got the 7151x..... i was looking around at it, and an issue concerns me... if i lose or bust the rubber band, the pin will fall out.... does anyone have a solution or remedy to this? i am going to the hardware store tomorrow so i might look there for some spring roll pins, i might even already have some from my old rc cars
[/quote]
Use heat shrink tubing a lot of guys have done this.
Traxxaslosinut

#3 bugnet brazil

bugnet brazil

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

I am still with the rings, and they come with 4x spares, but as soon as they go away I am going to heatshrink also !

#4 Nologicone

Nologicone

Toyz RC Guru

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles.

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

I have no issues with the pin flying out running parallel 3s with Integy or Trax CVDs, but I would periodically inspect the O Rings for wear and tear because they do crack. I also would grease the O ring lightly so it retains it's softness everytime I re-oil my wheel bearings. I've replace the O Rings with 3M Dental bands couple of times (3 Mervs here had Integy/Trax CVDs one time or the other), and they held up well. We got our CVDs pretty early and they did not come with extra O Rings, and one of the O Ring broke out of the box brand new from Trax.

#5 jimbo74

jimbo74

Silver Level Toyz Member

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:50 AM

i installed one in the knuckle today, and even if the oring fails, it still looks as if the knuckle will keep the pin captured... i am not too worried about it now... thanks for the help! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )