Photo

OFNA Jammin X1x Sport

29 replies to this topic

Poll: My First 1/8 scale (10 member(s) have cast votes)

OFNA Jammin X1x Sport 1/8 Off Road 4WD RTR Buggy

1. Yes (9 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

2. No (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:paintball, deer hunting, NASCAR, motocross, halo, and my baby... 2003 ram 1500 lonestar edition 4wd!!!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

Lots of guys at my local track race 1/8 nitro buggies, so im thinking of asking for one for christmas. I want something relatively cheap, is the OFNA Jammin X1x Sport any good?

#2 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:paintball, deer hunting, NASCAR, motocross, halo, and my baby... 2003 ram 1500 lonestar edition 4wd!!!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:27 AM

How about the OFNA Picco Off-Road RTR 1/8th Off Road Buggy?

#3 hookshot33

hookshot33

Toyz Rookie

• JR Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

i would reccomend any of those 2. They are both great cars. But if you want to race you will need a .21 size engine which the picco has but the x1x has a .28 that is too big than allowed.

#4 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:49 AM

Great, thanks! If I get one it will most likely be the picco

#5 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:36 PM

How about the hyper 7 black? its even cheaper and ive heard the things are extremely durable, but is it a very good racer?

#6 RC_K1d

RC_K1d

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

I vote 100% on the x1x, because I can find easy parts support for the jammin line of buggies. And if you really want to race, then you can upgrade it with jammin X2 Cr parts. But a downside is that most buggies other than associated and Losi have almost no parts support at LHS'. So I looked for parts support on my number 1 online shopping place, Amainhobbies, and the have parts support for the jammin line of buggies but none for the MBX line of buggies, which is what the OFNA Picco buggy is. And the Jammin buggies are more of a racing line of buggies, not the MBX...and I don't think you have to worry about the .28 in the jammin because most sportsman class or beginner class racing don't have engine size regulations.

So in short my pick is the Jammin X1X because of great upgrade potential and parts support online.

#7 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

okay. i see you are in houston! do you race? if so where?

#8 RC_K1d

RC_K1d

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE(cole24 @ Oct 17 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay. i see you are in houston! do you race? if so where?

I don't race right now but I am going to be racing at vertigo raceway in Alvin. Where are you going to be racing(alvin is a little far wink.gif )

#9 savage madness

savage madness

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

If your looking for a every day basher go for a hyper 7.

#10 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

I will be racing in bellaire, m&m hobbies

#11 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(savage madness @ Oct 18 2010, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your looking for a every day basher go for a hyper 7.

I'm looking mostly for racing. I'm still stuck on that Picco buggy because I've heard good things from picco and I've heard the jammin has a crappy pull start and I don't have money to put towards a starter box

#12 RC_K1d

RC_K1d

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(cole24 @ Oct 18 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be racing in bellaire, m&m hobbies

Cool, that track is real tiny though...that is the hobby shop I use. I live actually live about 5mins from there. But the place where I am going to race is a wee bit further laugh.gif.
If you shop there, might I ask what you're opinion on the shop is?

But like I said my thing on the Jammin is the parts support and racing upgrade ability. Being to use parts directly from the X2 kind of sells me on that kit, and also being that the Jammin line of buggies are really race oriented as opposed to most of the ofna buggies excluding the hyper series. And if the pull start begins to be a problem you can get a roto start backplate and a corld-less drill t o start it up.

#13 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(RC_K1d @ Oct 19 2010, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool, that track is real tiny though...that is the hobby shop I use. I live actually live about 5mins from there. But the place where I am going to race is a wee bit further laugh.gif.
If you shop there, might I ask what you're opinion on the shop is?

But like I said my thing on the Jammin is the parts support and racing upgrade ability. Being to use parts directly from the X2 kind of sells me on that kit, and also being that the Jammin line of buggies are really race oriented as opposed to most of the ofna buggies excluding the hyper series. And if the pull start begins to be a problem you can get a roto start backplate and a corld-less drill t o start it up.

Wow! you are very lucky to live so close! the track is pretty small, but its perfect for my rusty. thats true i havent thought about using a roto start, im starting to like the X1x now haha! do you think there is much of a difference in fuel effeciency between the .21 and the .28?

#14 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Oh,and the shop is great laugh.gif

#15 RC_K1d

RC_K1d

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(cole24 @ Oct 19 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! you are very lucky to live so close! the track is pretty small, but its perfect for my rusty. thats true i havent thought about using a roto start, im starting to like the X1x now haha! do you think there is much of a difference in fuel effeciency between the .21 and the .28?

A .28 will have lower fuel effeciency over a .21.
And my opinion on MM hobby is not in the highest of standards...their owner is a jerk and some of the guys there don't seem to be as knowledgeable as they could. And when I ask for some thing they have to ask me if i'm sure that is what I want, and I know damn well what I want...sorry got a little angry there laugh.gif.

And also, do you have any sort of budget? If you can spend a little more, a kit vehicle or the associated RC8 rtr may be other choices.

#16 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

Yeah the owner is a jerk, but the track keeper is nice, and they have a pretty good inventory for my needs. I'm on a pretty tight budget, but I may be able to get up to $400 MAYBE. I was looking at the d8 because I've heard alot of good things about them. However, if I got a kit it would be a while befor I got it going because of limited income (mostly christmas money) but I guess it would be worth it.

#17 RC_K1d

RC_K1d

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(cole24 @ Oct 20 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah the owner is a jerk, but the track keeper is nice, and they have a pretty good inventory for my needs. I'm on a pretty tight budget, but I may be able to get up to $400 MAYBE. I was looking at the d8 because I've heard alot of good things about them. However, if I got a kit it would be a while befor I got it going because of limited income (mostly christmas money) but I guess it would be worth it.

Yeah if thats the case, I would go for a RTR kit to get up and running right away. I did the same thing with my D8 and I was very unhappy for a while til' I got an engine and servos and stuff.

#18 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:31 AM

I think I would be better off getting the jammin, then just getting a new engine for it right away, and selling the stock one on ebay to help pay for it.

#19 RC_K1d

RC_K1d

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(cole24 @ Oct 20 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I would be better off getting the jammin, then just getting a new engine for it right away, and selling the stock one on ebay to help pay for it.

Yeah, that could work. There are plenty of great engines out there that selling the jammin engine would put you alot closer to.

#20 cole24

cole24

yeah, it's got a hemi

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(RC_K1d @ Oct 21 2010, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, that could work. There are plenty of great engines out there that selling the jammin engine would put you alot closer to.

Yeah, I'm thinking either Werks B5 or an RB killer 10

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq