29 replies to this topic

#1 PinShip

PinShip

The Toyz new guy

• Quasi Toyz Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

no one make the mistake i made by wasting your money on traxxas. i bought a nitro rustler and have had nothing but problems it wont start. EZ Start is a joke. i have troubleshooted it forever. i have played with the needles richening the lsn and richening and leaning the hsn idle screw all the way in and all the way out. the car is dis functional

#2 dirtbeast937

dirtbeast937

~ The Toyz Expert On Nothingness ~

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • Interests:Motocross, golf, and rc's. (bet you never saw that last one coming did you?)

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

so a whole company sucks because you have a bad experience?  Have you read your manual on what to do when it won't start?  Is there fuel in it?  Is it clean?  

What did you do on your ezstart that is wrong with it?  Did you fix it correctly?  

Did you try setting your needles back to factory settings, or did you just play around with them?

How much experience do you have with these vehicles.  Because most likely, this is a user error.

#3 Dark_gouki

Dark_gouki

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Showing Nitro Who's Boss

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(dirtbeast937 @ Oct 30 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so a whole company sucks because you have a bad experience?  Have you read your manual on what to do when it won't start?  Is there fuel in it?

That's what i was gonna say.

#4 1ive0rd1e

1ive0rd1e

Toyz RC Guru

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Interests:snowmobiling, chevy's, r/c of course, friends, fishing, plinking, and hunting

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

well said, i had a hard time with nitros and still do

#5 dirtbeast937

dirtbeast937

~ The Toyz Expert On Nothingness ~

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • Interests:Motocross, golf, and rc's. (bet you never saw that last one coming did you?)

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

i've been in nitro's for three years now, and still have hard time with them.  for me, they are just too finicky and unpredictable.  I want rid of nitro and either bl and lipos, or gas 1/5 scale which is what i really want.

#6 madmax22

madmax22

Pancakes

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Did you buy it new or used?

#7 nitro n00b

nitro n00b

Jack of all rc's master of none.

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Bashin crashin and rebuildin

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

Ive ran traxxas products for a long time now i have a nitro ruslter back when it had the trx .15 in it no even the pro and it still runs like a top. Ive had many different traxxas vehicles they are good but are a lil hard to tune.

#8 slashracer111

slashracer111

Hater's be Hatin'

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:07 AM

Well, You wouldn't be posting that about a company if you know how to work and maintain your car properly. Read up on everything. You ARE doing somthing wrong

No offense

#9 shawnofthedead420

shawnofthedead420

Gold Level Toyz Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:My kids, my fiance, and of course R/C (1/8 nitro buggies rule all)

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:20 AM

if traxxas is sooo bad, then why is there a slash spec class in the jbrl, and roar?

#10 adb140275

adb140275

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

hilarious, hes not even replying!  yeah your truck is broken and all of traxxas's vehicles and people suck.  im sure you have a total sense of what your doing too, adjusting the needles "the whole way in and out"  thats a super smart way to tune a vehicle. (sarcasm)  just get an electric if you dont have the patience or common sense to have a nitro.  no offense

#11 PinShip

PinShip

The Toyz new guy

• Quasi Toyz Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:25 AM

i know i am doing something wrong and it was making me really mad and i wanted to break my car. it starts, but it wont idle and it was aggravating me

#12 acerpower

acerpower

لن استسلم

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts
  • Interests:̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(*_*)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:43 AM

That's why I bought a electric Traxxas and a brushless motor, I don't have the patience for nitro.
My Traxxas takes a load of abuse, I love a few other brands but when I want to take some frustrations out, I take out my Traxxas.

#13 lesclaypool

lesclaypool

Lifetime Toyz Member

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

Hey bud - sorry to hear you've had troubles with your rig. I know how frustrating it can be, and you get to the point where you just want to kick the truck in the balls and call it a day.

I'm sure deep down you know Traxxas doesn't suck, and you were just venting. It's good to vent sometimes! smile.gif Venting just has to be done the right way.

Sometimes it's good just to walk away from the thing for a day and come back at it with a fresh outlook and clear thoughts.

Go back to the drawing board. Set those needles back to factory settings. Set your idle gap. Put a fresh glow plug in. Make sure your batteries are fully charged. Prime - but don't over-prime. Etc. etc.  

Start from square one and stick to it. When adjusting your needles make 'one-hour' incremental changes at a time only. Give the engine some time to settle out after you make adjustments. A common pitfall is to turn needles too far, too fast, too often.

Above all else - don't lose the enjoyment of the hobby. Ask for help anytime your stuck. Best of luck! smile.gif

#14 adb140275

adb140275

Toyz RC Freak

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

if it doesnt idle and it sounds rough and smokes a lot or spits fuel you need to lean the low speed needle about 1/8th.  if it sounds smooth and dies when u idle it then you need to richen it 1/8th of a turn.  hope this helps, sometimes traxxas engines can be junk.  didnt mean to sound like an a hole in my last post

#15 Tmaxx96

Tmaxx96

Senior Toyz Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

its sounds as if  your truck has an airleak this is common in trx engines check for airleaks how to do it is pinned in the nitro engine section and then try again nitro trucks take alot of patients but when they are going they go like hell !

#16 vwdavid

vwdavid

Toyz Member

• JR Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:rc racing and all nitro burning rc's and i'm a aircooled vw freak

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(PinShip @ Oct 30 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no one make the mistake i made by wasting your money on traxxas. i bought a nitro rustler and have had nothing but problems it wont start. EZ Start is a joke. i have troubleshooted it forever. i have played with the needles richening the lsn and richening and leaning the hsn idle screw all the way in and all the way out. the car is dis functional

i bought my rustler back in 1999 and it still runs good. the motor has been rebuilt a FEW times blink.gif  and it is the same motor that came with it.... well the block and head are the ones that came with it. but i have less trouble out of this car than i have had with any of my others .like my ofna ravager with a mach.26 has to be the most aggravating i have ever  seen to tune. nitro engines can be a butthole some times dry.gif  but when u get it all worked out u will  have fun all over the place. i've had my car for 10years and i still have as much fun with it as i did the day i bought it new!

#17 lxtlover11

lxtlover11

Senior Toyz Member

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

hahaha i also dont like traxxas

#18 slashracer111

slashracer111

Hater's be Hatin'

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(lxtlover11 @ Nov 2 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm, always that one post in every thread  dry.gif
no offense

#19 SoupSpoon

SoupSpoon

The SC Guru

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:23 AM

I just think it sucks Traxxas doesn't make a kit, other than that they make solid rides even if some don't like them we have to acknowledge that they are actually pretty good and some of the toughest RC's available.

#20 shawnofthedead420

shawnofthedead420

Gold Level Toyz Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Interests:My kids, my fiance, and of course R/C (1/8 nitro buggies rule all)

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE(lxtlover11 @ Nov 2 2009, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i felt the same way for a loooong time. now i have a revo platinum and a t-maxx (love them both)  wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )