• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DreyeIce

DreyeIce

The Beard Of Zeus

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts
  • Interests:R/C, Online gaming, restoring old vehicles,i like to snowmobile and bike. I also build computer on the side and sell lexan sheets.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

I accidentally rose against my stupidity and couldent wait for my BEC and ruined my Quark 22A ESC, it had a big spark and went POOF and smelt burnt, is there any way to fix it?

ohh an almost forgot, on one side of the board i see this brown seethrough sunbstance,,

#2 NeoNot

NeoNot

Toyz Airbrush Guru

• JR Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:25 AM

The short answer to your questions is yes an ESC can be fixed.

The long answer.....
When an ESC goes up in smoke it is usually a FET that has gone bad. Most times you can simply look at the board and determine which one has gone bad. To fix it you would have to replace that FET and hope that nothing before or after it has gone bad.

Another item I have seen fail is the traces on the board. I have seen several of the traces burn between the output of one FET and the input to the the next. You can fix this type of problem by simply soldering a wire between the FETS to effectively bypass the burnt trace on the board.

There are a lot more things that can go wrong but these are the two most common things I have seen go wrong with a ESC.

#3 DreyeIce

DreyeIce

The Beard Of Zeus

• Official Toyz Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts
  • Interests:R/C, Online gaming, restoring old vehicles,i like to snowmobile and bike. I also build computer on the side and sell lexan sheets.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:37 AM

kk, ill check that tommorow, thanks biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BoHeGeHa Dark Blue 2.1.1 Thomas Yugar (Chemical Chaos)
Official upgrade for IPB 2.3.x © Michael ( Dev Fuse )
3.X © Upgrade by Dumbledore ( Tppskinning )