Sign in to follow this  
tib001

New guy from PA

My name is Josh, I'm from PA lived here all my life.

Been into r/c since I was 13. Took a break for a while but now i'm back into it. I still have my super blackfoot from back then that I still run today. I just rebuilt most of it and did some body work. It is 95% stock and still runs great!

I also have a homemade onroad car that i'm tying to get as light as possible for speed. I don't race its just to see how fast I can get it. Right now I only have a 540 motor in it and sometimes can't keep any traction on the foam tires. I think its just a little over 1 pound with one servo and the motor in it.

It mostly old r/c parts thrown together with only what is needed to run. The only problem with it is the lack of tire/ wheel choices since it is a straight axel like a older pan car in the rear and no hex hubs to mount newer wheels.

My newest car is a TT-01 I just got this summer. I quickly converted it to run off road with some suspension mods and different tires. Right now I am looking for some bigger tires for the 1.9 rims.

I also have an offroad truck in mind as another homemade project. I'm looking forward to asking some questions and getting some opinions on what to do with it.

I've been reading the forums here for a while and decided to join. Seems like a good place for information and learning about r/c's.

Welcome to the forums my friend! :) You have found the most drama free forum around! We love pics too so dont keep us waiting to long ;) Make yourself at home and dont hesitate to ask should you need anything!

Enjoy :D

Heath

Thanks for the welcome guys! :)

Ok heres some pics and a little description:

My homemade onroad (mostly parts from a old bolink digger with a front suspension from an old unknown car).

I Needed some kind of suspension for better steering and to get it to a 1/10 wheel base.

It weighs almost nothing and runs suprisingly well for being all old stuff.

I have been looking everywhere for a way to mount regular touring car rims to the straight axle but am having no luck. Any suggestions?

857628ed.jpg

f265991b.jpg

My blackfoot (95% stock except for new paint on body and wheels and new bumper)

287fd6d6.jpg

a81aa203.jpg

e30984ab.jpg

My newest car the TT-01:

Upgraded to ball bearings, aluminum center shaft, and metal motor mount.

I got tired of just onroad and decided to make it all terrain.

I made new shock towers for longer shocks, and cut away some of the bottom to allow for longer susp. travel. Right now I have wheels and tires from a XTM Rage on it. It has almost an inch of clearance. :)

It works really well on grass and in our rocky driveway and still drives good on pavement. Only complaint is it seems front heavy when I jump it and almost always lands on the front bumper.

I am still looking for larger tires to mount on the 1.9 wheels and better shocks.

a78f8f2d.jpg

a641a449.jpg

732e6609.jpg

b5c64a1f.jpg

I am running all my cars on their stock 540 motors right now (even the original motor in the blackfoot) and using 2 old (12 years) radios one is a Hitec the other is a Futaba.

Nice custom work my friend! :D A little desire and ingenuity and you have something different and unique ;)

Good job... any vids of your custom cruisers? :) Thanks for sharing

Heath

Welcome! Another Pennsylvanian! :lol:

Were outside of Hazleton do you live? I live near the Poconos/Stroudsburg B)

^^ I live right outside of Hazleton in Drums.

Yeah honesdale is a little while away been down that way a few times.