Sign in to follow this  
Shadablade

Heya Peeps!

Whats up everyone? Im shadablade and im kinda diving into the RC scene after about 20 years or so since the last time I "played" with anything RC (and I think it was something my folks got at radio shack if I remember correctly lol)

First off I want to send a thank you out to Squirrel. I came across your youtube vids 9and ultimately the site here) while google mining for info to my questions, and bam, not only answers but vids as well. Many thanks yo! Im like a lot of "older farts"; to hell with the words, give me pictures!! :)

Im right in the middle of my first kit build, a NitroStar RS4 racer. Yea i found its an older model (with a smaller engine) but I got it for a good price off a private seller who threw in a few hop-up parts and a radio kit, so I figure it will be a good one to get my feet wet with. (though its not even finished yet and im already thinking bigger engine, different wheels and whatnot lol)

In short, just a hello to get my name out there and hopefully get to know some peoples.

See ya on the boards!

Blade

Hey, welcome to this place. I'm kinda new myself. I instantly learned that if there was a question I had, I'd come here. Now, I don't know much about what you got, but I'm sure someone reading that will!

Welcome to the site bro!! and i cant wait to see your RS4 when its finished!!!! im sure itll b a beast!!!!!

Welcome to one of the best sites (for R/C ~Heli) on the Net to dat Imo~~ :) :) :)

And remember to post picts of your build and whatnot~~ :D

Hey Blade!

Welcome to the Toyz! We have such a great group of guyz here. You'll love it! :)

Welcome to The Toyz.. great bunch of guy with lots of knowledge and NO icon_box.gif

No B.S., No Drama.. Just R/C

Shadeblade... you have found the best R/C forum known to man! Welcome my friend....

I can relate to the long hiatus, i went strong from 12-20yrs old.... then took a break till 2 years ago maybe less (i'm 33 now) :) well here I am now.... addicted more then ever! gotta love technology :P brushless motors.... sensored esc's...... jeez when i was a kid if you were doing 25mph plus you were a GOD, lol meanwhile a stock rc18 will do 22 mph nowadays.

Anyways, i just wanted to say make yourself at home and if you need anything dont hesitate to ask.....

Heath

Shadeblade... you have found the best R/C forum known to man! Welcome my friend....

I can relate to the long hiatus, i went strong from 12-20yrs old.... then took a break till 2 years ago maybe less (i'm 33 now) :P well here I am now.... addicted more then ever! gotta love technology :) brushless motors.... sensored esc's...... jeez when i was a kid if you were doing 25mph plus you were a GOD, lol meanwhile a stock rc18 will do 22 mph nowadays.

Anyways, i just wanted to say make yourself at home and if you need anything dont hesitate to ask.....

Heath

Thanks for the invites everyone!

I think it was mostly the technology change (and a helthy love for speed) that got me back interested. Someone left an RC mag at work and I looked through it while on a break and all I could think was "Man this crap looks cool!" While I was never a strong participator in RC in the past, hopefully now that im a bit older (One tik lower than you @32, but i dunno about wiser lol) I can afford to put a bit more time, energy and of course money into it. :)

Well, time to go do a few more steps in the build instructions. ^^

Welcome Shada! Good to have you here! ;)