Sign in to follow this  
TristateRC

Hey fellow RC Junkies

Well after watching countless YouTube videos from Squirrel I finally decided to check out the site. I was impressed with everything I had been reading on the site so I decided to join up so I can participate.

I am not new to the sport I have spurts of interest and capabilities to spend time and money. I started about 15yrs ago with my first RC a Tamiya Blackfoot(which I still have), and the Frog which disappeared over the years. About 5yrs ago I was bitten by the bug after seeing my buddies Tmaxx and jumped in head first. Spent countless hours and dollars on my Tmaxx before loosing my job and having to sell everything to make some money.

Well about 2 months ago I picked up an RC Mag and soon after purchased a new Revo, which has been a learning curve since it is so different than anything I had dealt with in the past. I have to say though it's a great little truck and can take much more abuse then my old Tmaxx in stock form.

And of course I love to take pics of my toys :lol:

The day I first fired her up for break-in

340563997_awWsG-L.jpg

HPI Phaltlines

340564289_Aog6N-L.jpg

Wing mounted

347538384_4ffm4-L.jpg

Some minor work under the body: Tan/Green springs w/50w oil and shock socks, Big Daddy fuel filter

347538315_fzfTc-L-1.jpg

My filter mounted nicely on the roll bar

347538232_NoJfe-L.jpg

See you all around..

Tom

Sik lookin revo bro!!!!

Hey loving those rims and low profile tires :lol: welcome ;)

Thanks. They are pretty nice looking and perform ok. They don't have as much grip as my old road rage tires (party b/c of how narrow they are compared to the 40 series I ran) but enough grip to have some fun doing slides, or to get some traction when needed.

Tristate welcome to thetoyz glad you made you way over here with a sweet looking revo. what are you future plans for it and what is the one thing you would change if you could about the truck itself? anyway again welcome and can't wait to see the things to come form ya.

Tristate welcome to thetoyz glad you made you way over here with a sweet looking revo. what are you future plans for it and what is the one thing you would change if you could about the truck itself? anyway again welcome and can't wait to see the things to come form ya.

Thanks for the welcome :lol:

Some of my future plans include:

- New wheels and tires (relatively soon)

- Changing out that terrible ez-start setup for either pull or shaft start (leaning towards shaft start)

- Changing the spur for a little more low end torque

- Titanium hinge pins and turnbuckles (the traxxas red turnbuckles are nice but I like the sleeper look a bit)

- New Radio and electronics (high speed / high torque servos)

- Eventually a Big Block engine, but I have to admit the 3.3 is a nice little mill to re-hone my driving skills with

The only real things I would change about this truck is really what Traxxas puts in it from the factory. They need to step away from the TQ Tx and the ez-starter. Other than those things the stock truck really is a good little truck and can take some abuse straight out of the box.

Tom

- New Radio and electronics (high speed / high torque servos)

well when you get to the point that you want a new radio system i HIGHLY recomend the futaba 3PM fasst radio system i have one and i cannot be happier

with mine. link > http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.p...oducts_id/12290

and for servo's the hitec 645MG is a great servo http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.p...roducts_id/4781

Welcome Tristate! you have found the most drama free board around :P we are glad to have ya.... Your revo looks great. I like the wing color tire combo :lol: Looks like it should handle pavement pretty well! that is one wide stance my friend!

Heath

Welcome to the finest RC forum know to the WWW. Killer Revo you got there. Is that the new step up revo?? Not the regular Revo and not the Platinum. Looks good for sure. Need anything at all don't hesiteate to ask. Once ahgain Welcome. L8R,WrenchHead.

Sorry for the double post. So how much those killer onroad rims and tires cost you. I edited this post so as to not look stupid even though I am. Welcome TriState, Where abouts in NJ?? I was born in Red Bank and lived in Monmouth county growing up.

Sorry for the double post. So how much those killer onroad rims and tires cost you. I edited this post so as to not look stupid even though I am. Welcome TriState, Where abouts in NJ?? I was born in Red Bank and lived in Monmouth county growing up.

Dont sweat it Wrench! We all know i am the double post Champ :lol: OHHHHHHH i just realized fringe benefit #1 ;) i wont be anymore ... guess the title is up for the taking..... :P:D Besides with all your killer help and posts i doubt anyone would have minded :)

Heath

Welcome to the finest RC forum know to the WWW. Killer Revo you got there. Is that the new step up revo?? Not the regular Revo and not the Platinum. Looks good for sure. Need anything at all don't hesiteate to ask. Once ahgain Welcome. L8R,WrenchHead.

Yeah this is the new release of the 3.3 (the 5308). Comes with the extended chassis, GTR shocks, larger capacity fuel tank (150cc), 17mm hubs, FOC, Resonator pipe, dual stage air filter and some other parts shared with the Platinum edition.

The tires came mounted on the rims which I like since I am not a huge fan of gluing up my tires. If I am not mistaken they were $65 give or take, I forgot the actual amount since I ordered them along with my truck. I am in Old Bridge, moved a few months back from Staten Island. It's nice to have some land and even more so now so I can play with my Revo right in the yard :lol:

well when you get to the point that you want a new radio system i HIGHLY recomend the futaba 3PM fasst radio system i have one and i cannot be happier

with mine. link > http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.p...oducts_id/12290

and for servo's the hitec 645MG is a great servo http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.p...roducts_id/4781

That is the radio system I was planning to pick up. From what I was reading, for the price its a nice setup. Thanks for the heads up with the servo, that's the only thing I really haven't started looking into yet.

Welcome Tristate! you have found the most drama free board around :D we are glad to have ya.... Your revo looks great. I like the wing color tire combo :P Looks like it should handle pavement pretty well! that is one wide stance my friend!

Heath

I am glad to hear that it's drama free. I was looking for a place to ask and share information without the B.S. :lol:

It definitely has a wide stance which is nice. We will see how she performs tonight since I just changed the spring/oil setup to stiffen her up a bit.