mx28

Summit Build

6 posts in this topic

So I've gotten a summit with no body no bumpers as a roller. Dropped a mamba monster 2200kv system in. It runs and works great. Was curious what upgrades and parts I should consider. Doesn't seem to be much about them online that I could find. Most parts should cross with the revo right? Cool body ideas? I have a set of trenchers I'm going to use. Axle options? I'm going to be doing some crawling with it but mostly just a basher. Any ideas or input on what I should do to it is appreciated.

I have a Summit and I haven't broken anything on it yet, pretty well built IMO. Of course, I'm still running the stock brushed motor/esc, it may not hold up as well to that Mamba....

And yes, it's essentially a lifted ERevo with locking diffs. The original tires are usable, but not great. It sounds like you've already got tire situation handled though...

I would think any body that'd fit a Revo would work on the Summit, might have change/modify the mounts, but that's pretty standard whenever you switch bodies.

She filthy and due for a teardown, but here's a pic of mine... I just painted the stock body Satin Black on the outside and I think it looks a lot better.....

P1110457_zpsfyi3snzp.jpg

I think I may go with some steel axles. I don't know what ones to get though. I've heard a lot about the joints binding cause of the arm angle or how much travel it has. I'm going to be bashing it a bit too Cause why not on 4s brushless lol

The only issues I personally have had with the axles (and the same axles on other Traxxas vehicles) is when people put them back together wrong.... The splined shafts are actually keyed (one wider spline) and won't slide properly if not lined up properly... Nearly every used Traxxas vehicle I've gotten has had this issue....

The Summit is made from the E-Revo platform and it's durable as heck.