left_turn_compressed.jpg

compressed.jpg

right_turn_compressed.jpg

ride_height.jpg

so this one is actually, forcefully maxxed out but still with tire contact

maxxed_out.jpg

Tires look decent!

got the new tires

tossed on the slicks.... the badlands knockoffs seem really soft.....

Pics? Are they grippy on pavement or just spin like crazy?

I haven't run them yet, I am waiting on a tool for them. I bought the stock traxxas plastic tool, as I don't want to trash the metal, honestly though, it's a toy car, I guess I could just use a regular socket on it

they actually are a hair shorter than the SCT tires I took off, maybe like 3/16" in OD

well, I thread locked the barrel nuts

the badland knockoffs are taller than the SCT wheels, and they feel like they are softer than the slicks

1.jpeg

20160426_220944.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

ok, so had a chance to try the slicks, they are eh..... at startup, they make the truck jsut torque sideways hard to the right.... once i get moving, they are pretty decent though.... awesome drifting... they do seem a little softer now though... I did do a burnout, and it seemed to have helped

now, with the 17mm HR, the nuts on the left side come loose on their own....

My new wrench, big bone, and arrma wheels are out for delivery... just nervous to crank down on these things, as I think that is why I blew a 12mm wheel, because the hub was tight

Soft badlands might not be a bad thing. They would really grip well in lots of terrain. Drifting is always fun until it drifts into a wood pile at high speeds, lol. Ya, I did that :( I always tighten my wheel nuts really tight. I have had lots that came loose until I went to Mugen buggy nuts. The one side is serated and really grip the wheel tight. There are several covered nuts with that style that work well to. I made a thread on them. I will try to find a link when I get home.

got the arrma wheels, my new wrench and the big bone, got the big bone installed.....

so ran it with the big bone, is it supposed to be that loud?!

remember that gear noise I originally had? this sounds like that, but way worse... I did leave the bone slightly loose in the cups, with the 2 orings on each end, should I tighten them down? I don't think so, there is almost no play in my slipper shaft forward and aft now.... sounds like a 2 stroke motor......

so apparently, I was told on the TRX forums that the front diff cup, rubs the chassis... sure enough, it did... busted out my harbor freight dremel and went to work... I haven't tested it yet, but it initially sounds normal on the bench

That would make sense. Let us know if it worked

oops.... thought I posted the pics, because I have a dyed chassis, you can see where it was rubbing, and what I did to correct it

Jayz, what was the link you posted for wheel nuts about?

rub.jpeg

norub.jpeg

Sorry maybe I miss-read your post. Thought you were having trouble with the wheel nuts coming loose.

They did seem to come loose, but I didn't have the proper tool, I have since received my Traxxas stock wrench, and have a full pack to lvc through it, with no loosening issues

edit, also, those slicks are pretty grippy.... I drove around on very dusty, smooth concrete without issue, there was sliding going on, but that is to be expected. These tires were actually pretty decent once they warmed up a little bit

also got my toe/camber a little more dialed... it is running pretty good at this point, but I want to gear it to make it faster.... with less initial torque, because I love WOT and just spin out when I goose it from a stop --- that could also be due to the 100k in the rear.... maybe I should try some 50k (don't have) or some 30k (which I do have)

so, I put 30k fluid in my rear end.......

and put 19/50 on the gearing..... trying to see if i can force my MMP to explode

45.85 MPH today!!!!

not sure if I am hitting LVC or thermal overload... but at that time, I temped the motor, and was at 170*