Good Morning All,

My name is Dennis and I'm a nitro junky. ;)

I was watching videos on youtube and I somehow wound up here. :)

I used to run nitros daily about 4-5 years ago and for some reason I put them away. Well, I was cleaning out the garage over the weekend and I ran across my stash. I honestly forgot what I had it's been so long.

Now that it's all coming back to me I figured I'd join here and get back into the hobby. I'm shocked at how far the hobby has advanced in my absence but I'm enjoying discovering all the new stuff. B)

If you're interested I'm posting a link to the photo's I took before I put them away. I'm in the process of removing, disassembling, cleaning, and re-sealing the motors now and I'm hoping to have some fun this weekend with them.

I know they're getting old by today's standards but let me know what you think.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

Revo specs: (lets see if I can remember)

bluebird high torque steering servo and lightning throttle servo

OFNA BB .26 Picco Outlaw (2.7HP)

Big Block conversion kit with a custom alum upper arm to clear pull start.

motor saver air cleaner

MVP steel CV center drive shafts and front half shafts

titanium hex drives on half shafts and titanium pins in the A arms

RPM steering knuckles

Integy (sp?) aluminum front upper A arms

Forward only conversion with the wide gear set.

40mm lightweight flywheel with aftermarket clutch

I lowered it and put street tires and rims on it because I was going for top speed back then.

10k wt oil in the diffs to help with control

and aftermarket sticky brake pads. (I did a lot of high speed stopping). :)

I was getting desperate to keep the front end on the ground, hence the battery location. There was no such thing as a center diff for the Revo 4 years ago. That will be my next upgrade.

This thing was a real pain to get any kind of reliability out of (the motor was chewing up parts faster then UPS could deliver them but I refused to give up the power, it was too much fun.) but after a lot of trial and error she's almost there. Almost. :) Are they ever truly finished? :lol:

DSC01929.JPG

Welcome back! I've been considering a .26 for my revo, sounds like a hand full lol

I like the maxx, I have a soft spot for them because it was my first hobby grade r/c. The rc10gt looks good as well, been wanting to pick up an original just to have around.

Good luck this weekend of getting everything going again!

Welcome to the Toyz Dennis! Take a look around the forum... we've got a little something for everyone... including Nitro junkies! B)

Woohoo, always nice to have another nitro guy on the forums. Welcome Dennis, great looking collection!

Woohoo, always nice to have another nitro guy on the forums. Welcome Dennis, great looking collection!

Thanks Jay. To be honest that E-Revo is looking pretty darn nice, I might have to pick one of those up just to see how fast I can go with it. I've had my Revo into the 70's and I'm willing to bet I can crack 100 with the right upgrades on the electric.

Welcome back! I've been considering a .26 for my revo, sounds like a hand full lol

I like the maxx, I have a soft spot for them because it was my first hobby grade r/c. The rc10gt looks good as well, been wanting to pick up an original just to have around.

Good luck this weekend of getting everything going again!

Thanks Derek,

These days the parts are out there if you're serious, They didn't have metal tranny gears or spur gears when I built that. I can give you an exact list of what you'll want to upgrade based on my experience if you want. I actually shoe horned in a true big block because the .26 max wasn't out yet and the .21 max was too weak, I saw a real nice LRP ZR.32 that might just fit real nice. It's between that and the E-Revo.