REVO 46

Revo Dirt Rail

14 posts in this topic

I'm dethroning my shelf queen and kicking her in the gut's (that's how you make a hormone kids :lol: ) with a brushless conversion. Going with the Xerun 150A ESC (which will be the last thing I order) and I'm gonna give HK's KD36-74-09XL 1900kv motor a try on RC Monster's motor mount, both of which are on there way to me at the moment with some other bits and pieces.<br /><br />I want reverse so I locked the tranny in 2nd, see :rolleyes:

6dfbb1d3.jpg

I made some templates tonight for the ESC and RX mounts also the battery tray 1c19e15b.jpg20f406d7.jpg

just enough delrin left

dc4f211f.jpg

made a body mount brace for cart wheel support 07b3e921.jpgee412d3e.jpg

and a spacer to raise the rear body mount so the shock don't hit the chassis any more (thanks mistercrash) 5bc3fac6.jpg

Dirt rail, the sand rail you have when you don't have any sand. :lol:

What do ya think? I no it's not for everone :P404d5af3.jpga52d6bb9.jpg424d2dc3.jpg

with the baja that was to short on my xl flux for some colour 49e90d08.jpgf4df8571.jpg

at first I wasn't sure aabout the the buggy wheels (but there growing on me) so I tried some LPR's, not the look I want may try some 2.8 wheels if I can find low profile tyre's for 'em d64ea493.jpg

hopefully I get the parts this week. I'll keep ya's posted. Seeya ;)

I say paddles all the way around and she's perfect! Although you said there's no sand....but it would still look B.A. ! :)

I wish bro, I would love to run razor's and paddles but the dirt would kill the paddles and razor's wouldn't turn to well I reckon.

Check out IMEX for some low profile 2.8 tires. I run them on my Merv. They have a few styles that run about 3.8" in diameter.

Got the battery and receiver box trays done today, I still have some final trimming to do. 8b4236c0.jpg9b0a530b.jpgc5690233.jpg

fitted new connectors to a new lipo pack, had a problem with the cheap soldering station I got, so I only did one will do the rest when I get it sorted.243293ca.jpg7521c176.jpg

Nice build. Question on the connectors though. Why not just use bullets instead of the ones you going to use.

you are right, that look isn't for everyone :P have you tried the LPRs on the rear and the buggy wheels on the front? i think that would probably look nice, but those big joes are a little obnoxious :lol:

i must say that the conversion/whole chassis looks awesome man. all blacked out with those orange concave washers looks killer! that's the layout i used when i had a revo conversion and it worked well, but mine didn't look near as clean as yours!

Why not just use bullets instead of the ones you going to use.

Thanks losis. I already use EC5's on my other packs and my Flux is wired with them.

those big joes are a little obnoxious :lol:

Isn't that the whole idea of big joe's :P

Thanks EPiC, All the washer's and nuts are actually gold like the anodised parts, but the spacer's on the battery tray are orange ;)

I mounted the CF body. Look pretty good I think.

c59d9b80.jpg

5f43c6be.jpg

b45ed5f3.jpg

04b27b59.jpg

40's look sick :P

b99b0a41.jpg

There's going to be a lot of this sort of action when it's done

bcf9e342.jpg

So the the wheelie bar wing mod seem like a great idea.

Do the #5186A blue wheelie bar wheels come with those little axles or do I need to get them separately?

Understandable then. I know alot of people question me using bullets on my Slash and stuff but I had my Savage first and thats what I use on it. I like everything except the tires. Front looks to small and back looks to wide. Have you considered a taller tire on the back like maybe some Trenchers and then the LPRs on the front? I think that would give you better ground clearance and grip then those tiny buggy tires. So how does this thing perform. Have you ran it yet?

Thanks mate. Personally I like the big joe's, and I'm getting used to the buggy wheels, I'll see how the go before swapping to something else. No I haven't run it as I haven't got the ESC yet, and it just got put off and little longer because I got done speeding at work in the semi and copped a $460 fine. :angry:

I got a little more done this week. The motor and mount arrived monday.4c312607.jpg

I got that fitted ab4290ca.jpg

turns out I cut the receiver plate perfectly. figjam :lol:d42b907d.jpg

c5abee6b.jpg

I also got some of HK's velcro. I not to impressed with the colour but it sticks like poop to a blanket, and I think I could get away without strapping the packs in it holds that strong, but I will still use one strap. d621e2d0.jpg

The pencil tip on the new soldering station is not the good at transferring heat for soldering 8awg wire so I made a couple of adapters to use.

098ce7d8.jpg

That's an intense looking rig, who are you going to hang on that front end to keep it down, or are full wheely runs what your looking for haha, I think it looks Bad azz. Nice work

Thanks Jay. yeah I've been thinking of maybe put some weights/modelling clay or something in the front bulkhead to help keep it down. :lol: