The Banshee

New To the RC world

Hey there, heres a little about me

I'm from Jersey and with winter here my main hobby (my car/clubs/car shows) is winding down so I decided since i cant rip around in the snow I should get another hobby...that led me to RCs, always liked 'em but never went out and bought a good one....did a little research and some friends put me on to the mini E Revo, I know folks with the mini slash and decided the brushless 1/16 revo looked perfect to me.

Got it, been bashing it all around my yard, I get enough speed from my big car so I've been more excited to off road the rc, been driving it hard, specially since im learning to drive it...well couple weeks and i bust an axle carrier....so I'm thinkin great, I mod my car now i get to mod the rc lol, look up different mods on youtube and run into a lot of informative vids by squirrel and thats how I got here, bought some mods (hop ups?) from the toyz store and now cant wait to fix the MERV up and get back out there.

Glad to have found a cool place like this to learn about my rc and others as well :)

hey im also new here and just got started in the r.c. world well the nitro rc. world anyway if you all will let me i will probably be picking your brains for info i enjoy working on them but some times it can be a headache lol

Welcome everybody...new or not you have found the place for friendly info and help with your R/C, we don't flame newbies here so don't be afraid to ask questions...there are no stupid questions, only stupid mistakes because we were afraid to ask.

So sit back, cruise the sub-forums for your favorite R/C, gather info, chat with other members....but remember, HAVE FUN!

Dog

Hello all,

I to am new to the nitro rc world. Road raced motorcycles for 25 years. I am looking for another (safer hobby).I think this is it!

I plan on racin a Ofna Hyper7 here in Denver Colorado area. I have purchased a mildly modded Hyper 7 .I also have a Revo 3.3

In the process of hot rodding it as well. With all the years of racing I have tinkeritis so I think nitro tuning will be fun. May find out

electric is the way to go seem a bit quiet for my liking. This is my first post I am certain that I will be needing guidence from you all.

Way to much snow here to drive anything so I guess Its out to the shop to tinker. Looks like a great, informative group of folks.

Any help in the future will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome everyone....and don't worry, we were all NEW once....go ahead and ask that question, you won't get flamed for it here....all you'll get is answers...and with a smile too!

welcome banshee hope you have a great time here and learn alot! i really have not to mention at the bottom of the homepage there is a chat room where you can talk to other members and thing (right now it isnt working right idk why?)

hi there just thot id say hello im a newbie to rc nitro and ive probibly jumped in at the deep end lol ive got myself for my first rc car an old beat up 4 wheel drive rd car it wasnt running but after purchasing a glow igniter and a new glow plug ive finaly got it going im gonna take some pics and post them up hopefully someone can tell me which hienz veriaty it is lol

I too am glad to be here. Although an RC veteran I have only recently started getting back into the hobby after a few frustrating years with helicopters I am back to land based RC!!! Looking forward to educating myself about the new generation of brushless machines!!!

Welcome to the forum!!! Lol allmost everyone new here and also to the hobby has an mini e-revo..

:)

i have an xl5 rustler. not as good as the erevo or merv but im having a blast learning about the hobby and it was what was in my price range. i hope to be able to get one tho sometime soon.

Hey there, heres a little about me

I'm from Jersey and with winter here my main hobby (my car/clubs/car shows) is winding down so I decided since i cant rip around in the snow I should get another hobby...that led me to RCs, always liked 'em but never went out and bought a good one....did a little research and some friends put me on to the mini E Revo, I know folks with the mini slash and decided the brushless 1/16 revo looked perfect to me.

Got it, been bashing it all around my yard, I get enough speed from my big car so I've been more excited to off road the rc, been driving it hard, specially since im learning to drive it...well couple weeks and i bust an axle carrier....so I'm thinkin great, I mod my car now i get to mod the rc lol, look up different mods on youtube and run into a lot of informative vids by squirrel and thats how I got here, bought some mods (hop ups?) from the toyz store and now cant wait to fix the MERV up and get back out there.

Glad to have found a cool place like this to learn about my rc and others as well :)

couple of weeks, your doing good. i broke my rustler the first day, withing the first 30 minnutes i had it. me and another guy collided and i peeled the rear a arm right off of my rustler. he had a spare and i was back running again with 20 minutes. till the next day that is, when i broke another part. lol