Hello everyone figured id stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Kevin and im 22, After a 5 1/2 year break with the hobby ive decided to get back into it again.

I currently Have a T-Maxx 3.3 with the 2.4 Radio. and i did have a pre order on the new Traxxas Titan boat but since it got pushed back i think i might get a summit.

anyone have a summit if so what where your experiences with it?

anyways thanks for checking out the thread, glad to be apart of the community

Hello everyone figured id stop by and introduce myself.

My name is Kevin and I'm 22, After a 5 1/2 year break with the hobby Ive decided to get back into it again.

I currently Have a T-Maxx 3.3 with the 2.4 Radio. and i did have a pre order on the new Traxxas Titan boat but since it got pushed back i think i might get a summit.

anyone have a summit if so what where your experiences with it?

anyways thanks for checking out the thread, glad to be apart of the community

I've had my summit for close to a year now.I love it ,Sure it's not a real crawler but when driven by some one who can drive,It will surprise you where this thing can go.Any time any where any weather.This truck is a perfect all around trail truck.This truck just eats up obstacles then flip a switch 20 mph jumps.Welcome to the toyz.This is a great forum something for everyone. Lots of helpful people,But best of all massive amounts of knowledge and experience

It got me here so it can't be that bad. :D

1005091458000.jpg

wow thats an awesome picture. i know its not a real crawler but thats what i like about it, i just want something i can take into the woods and have fun with haha.

anyways whats the run time with the stock batteries? should i go lipo? this will be my first electric vehicle so i dont really know much about lipos. will they work in wateR?

welcome kevin

But best of all massive amounts of knowledge and experience

dont forget the awsome people ;):P lol

welcome to the forums.

wow thats an awesome picture. i know its not a real crawler but thats what i like about it, i just want something i can take into the woods and have fun with haha.

anyways whats the run time with the stock batteries? should i go lipo? this will be my first electric vehicle so i dont really know much about lipos. will they work in wateR?

This truck begs for lipo power.I'm getting 50 mins or so crawling on 5ooo ma 30c lipo.most lipo and water don't mix.so i kept my nimh for really wet running.Put the lipos in condoms and there fairly waterproof.the evx2 does not have a low voltage cutoff so i went with alarms so as not to over discharge the lipos.I love blowing peoples minds they see me climbing some rocks and come over i get on the flat and flip it in high gear and see ya, they're surprised at how quick it actually is.It's also really tuff I've run this thing to the edge and off of it lol it keeps wanting more.For going in the woods and having fun there is no other truck like it

This truck begs for lipo power.I'm getting 50 mins or so crawling on 5ooo ma 30c lipo.most lipo and water don't mix.so i kept my nimh for really wet running.Put the lipos in condoms and there fairly waterproof.the evx2 does not have a low voltage cutoff so i went with alarms so as not to over discharge the lipos.I love blowing peoples minds they see me climbing some rocks and come over i get on the flat and flip it in high gear and see ya, they're surprised at how quick it actually is.It's also really tuff I've run this thing to the edge and off of it lol it keeps wanting more.For going in the woods and having fun there is no other truck like it

thanks for the reply, mayb thats what ill do keep the nimhs for wet running and run lipos for everything else. also what charger do you use? i was looking at the venom pro charger plus but ive heard some pretty bad things about venom so idk if i want to put the investment in on their charger/lipos

thanks for the reply, maybe thats what ill do keep the nimhs for wet running and run lipos for everything else. also what charger do you use? i was looking at the venom pro charger plus but Ive heard some pretty bad things about venom so idk if i want to put the investment in on their charger/lipos

I'm using a cheapo from hobby king.The ichargers are good from all I've read.I'm looking at one of these.http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=ln7bitoojh19j1klpjq7aadcd5.also at hobby king.With more watts available you can charge multiple packs with a harness like say 3 2s packs at the same time no need for multiple chargers.Low voltage alarms are cheap as well.I went with alarms instead of cut offs for the easy hookup and no worries about waterproofness.rpm bumper mounts are a good investment.I went through 4 or 5 stock ones.Being as traxxas only sells the mount with the bumper i now have a surplus of bumpers.haven't broke a rpm one yet.If you are going to run on pavement alot you'll need tires pretty quick there really soft.They grip good off road but are prone to tearing on sharp stuff.some small holes in the tires 180 degrees apart center of the tire.If you get the tire foams wet make sure to spin the water out if you don't get them fairly dried out the foam breaks down and the side walls of the tire are not far behind.Sorry for the long winded post.

foam rot=bad day for the canyons

ohno-1.jpg

dont forget the awsome people ;):P lol

welcome to the forums.

Yes...All knowledge and fun very little to no ego.Ah refreshing

Thanks for all the help, i apreciate it.

Glad i could help.there doesn't seem to be many summit owners on here that i know of .I really love this truck :D

Glad i could help.there doesn't seem to be many summit owners on here that i know of .I really love this truck :D

haha, yeah hopefully i can order it in a few weeks, just spent so much money on the tmaxx so hopefully i can get the G/f to help me out on the summit for my b-day which is in like 2 weeks hahaa

haha, yeah hopefully i can order it in a few weeks, just spent so much money on the tmaxx so hopefully i can get the G/f to help me out on the summit for my b-day which is in like 2 weeks hahaa

Tell her i said please ha ha

I've had my summit for close to a year now.I love it ,Sure it's not a real crawler but when driven by some one who can drive,It will surprise you where this thing can go.Any time any where any weather.This truck is a perfect all around trail truck.This truck just eats up obstacles then flip a switch 20 mph jumps.Welcome to the toyz.This is a great forum something for everyone. Lots of helpful people,But best of all massive amounts of knowledge and experience

It got me here so it can't be that bad. :D

1005091458000.jpg

Great shot!!! that is very cool!

Welcome Kevin!