Sign in to follow this  
jozeph78

Thank you to Squirrel

Hi guys. Since this is my first post, I'll just get this out of the way. Thank you for putting together such an excellent community and Squirrel, thx for those awesome videos. It makes me want to send you a nice bottle of Burbon. Although I'm sure Mr. Beam provides a happy familiar environment, I recommend Elijah Craig 18yr for a really nice Burbon(~$45) or Michter's American Wiskey (~$30) as two excellent Whiskeys. The Michter's is a great daily and is my favorite bottle under $100.

Anyways. I'm off to post the question about my OS carb I came here to post. Thanks again guys!

Welcome to The Toyz forums my friend! I am with you on the big Thank You to Squirrel.... Without Squirrel, his contributions, and IMO his excellent lead by example style this place would hardly be the same :) He is our secret weapon.... Well I guess he has not been a secret in along time :lol:

Make yourself at home and let us know should you need anything!

Heath

Welcome to The Forum.

Elijah Craig is a very fine Bourbon which is made 15 miles south of my home at Heaven Hill Distilleries. Elijah Craig is the oldest Single Barrel Bourbon available in the world.

My personal favorite is Evan Williams which is made in the same distillery.

Sit back and enjoy. :D

Welcome to The Forum.

Elijah Craig is a very fine Bourbon which is made 15 miles south of my home at Heaven Hill Distilleries. Elijah Craig is the oldest Single Barrel Bourbon available in the world.

My personal favorite is Evan Williams which is made in the same distillery.

Sit back and enjoy. :D

It's the 18yr specifically that I really love. Scotch is what first turned me on to Whiskey, so $45 for a bottle is pretty average for me. I really only like the peaty(smokey) scotches and when I'm not in the mood for smokey, I turn to burbon. Lately I've been digging rye whiskey too. Michters makes an excellent rye and a very fine Burbon but they are 55 and 70 bux respectively. For ~$30, the Michter's American Whiskey is just awesome. If you find a bottle, pick it up and I can get my first "quality" post =)

Welcome! :)

Never had Elijah but Evan is my favorite "mass produced". Nothing beats Single Barrel Jack for me :)

Never had Elijah but Evan is my favorite "mass produced". Nothing beats Single Barrel Jack for me :)

I'll have to try the Single Barrel Jack.

http://www.binnys.com/spirits/search/?advs...;astxt=michters

The straight Whiskey is a winner!

I just noticed they have a straight Burbon (I've had the 10 year). Only $29... They never have that is the store =(

Damn! Now I feel cheap! And to think I was doing good drinkin Gibson's Rye Whiskey! :blink:

All Bourbons, Whiskey, and Whisky taste for me like denatured alcohol / methulated spirit :) ( don't offend please) .It will not to substitute one glass of vodka .