Hello everyone I am completely new to the hobby and am hoping to find some help along the way with everything. :D

Thanks

Brandon

Welcome Brandon!

You will love the hobby! Its great and you will have a ton of fun. There is a ton of useful information here, friendly members, a live chat to talk to tons of people around the world live, and a great community.

Have fun and I am glad that you joined! :)

Thanks Squirrel. I just got through watching your videos on youtube and those were a huge help on breaking in my new engine. The book told me to just putt around for like 45 min. I checked the engine temp while doing that and I decided to use your method and get the engine temp up and do it how you described in the videos. I think I am ready to let it roll now. My new vehicle is the XTM X-Cellerator.

Right on and thank you! It is always good to hear feedback on the vids! :)

Lets see some pics of that RC of yours as well! :)

Welcome to the Toyz :D

I learned the same way you did right from Squirrels video's. Now I'm having a total blast.

If you have any question feel free to ask there is alot of people here that loves to help.

THanks guys. I will get some pics up as soon as possible. I do have one question. After the break in of keeping it at 200 which is harder than it looks. Do I need to be overly concerned with temps after that and if so what temps should I be seeing or do I just tune it using the smoke method. T

Thanks

Brandon

Welcome aboard Brandon, I like so many others learned much from Squirrel's videos and also learned about this wonderful forum. Enjoy and we look forward to many posts and pictures from you my friend.

Welcome Brandon!

We are happy to have you :) We have lots of happy to help members and Squirrel has a vid for everything you need to get settled into the hobby! So pull up a seat and get comfortable ;)

Heath

Well my day of fun ended with a BANG. I was running a little up and down the road and I turned and BANG there went the left front A-Arm laying in the grass. So now I gotta look and see where to get a replacement. WOuld it be a wise decision to upgrade to the aluminum version.

Well my day of fun ended with a BANG. I was running a little up and down the road and I turned and BANG there went the left front A-Arm laying in the grass. So now I gotta look and see where to get a replacement. WOuld it be a wise decision to upgrade to the aluminum version.

welcome to the toys man :) and if you use alum. it will only break at the next weak point. just find some good plastics like rpm or something

OK thanks for the heads up. Where is there a good place online to order XTM parts.

OK thanks for the heads up. Where is there a good place online to order XTM parts.

in the us try THE TOYZ of course :) if they dont have them try towerhobbies.com or rcplanet.com. thats all i know of. i live in canada ;) i use greathobbies.com

Welcome to TheToyz! Glad to have you!

Like Venom said, TheToyz.com is a great place to order from! Quick shipping and great service!

Aluminum bends over time. If it is a problem area then reinforced with alum is fine. But, at this point, stick with plastic. :)

Ok thanks man. The only place I have been able to find XTM parts is HOBBYPEOPLE.com what is up with that.

Welcome Brandon this place has been great for me being fairly new to the hobby I hope you get a lot out of it. This forum is a great tool!!!!

Welcome to TheToyz Forum 0124vctd!!!

If you haven;t already noticed this is the best darn RC forum out there :)

Feel free to ask questions, and post photos of your awesome rc's, we love em :)

See you around!!

~Brock~