looker2756

Hello from Indiana

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum & wanted to stop by and tell you all a bit about me.

My name is Bob, As you can see I am from Indiana. I have been involved in R/C since the early 80's. I worked in the auto industry for a career for about 20 years, until finding my current position. I now work at Largescalerc with 1/5 scale vehicles, which I enjoy very much. It has definitely changed the size of my models considerably, but I still enjoy many forms of this hobby, reguardless of size. I have been racing for about 3 years seriously & am really enjoying it. The 1/5 scale off-road action is officially kicked off & we are supporting that form of racing as well. I have been around the block a while & at 40 with a wife & two kids, it's time for Dad to enjoy his hobby for a while. I'll add some to the largescale section if anyone is interested in what I'm driving mostly now. Hope to see you all around & thanks to Cow for the nice welcome.

Welcome, sit down and relax and have a good read, I think you will find this a pleasing crowd to hang out with. And may I be the first to say pictures are welcome we all love to see what people are driving!! :D

I see you found the section o.k. :) Glad to have you aboard my friend! Sit back and get comfortable.... People tend to stay a while ;)

Sounds like you have some good experience to add-share... Sounds like you have run the gammit my friend, we glad to have you! Make sure to post up some pics when you have a chance and let us know if you need anything :D

Heath

Welcome looker2756 to The Toyz Forum.

What part of Indiana you from, I'm in Louisville Kentucky.

Be sure to jump right in and post some pics of your rides.

I'm in the Northern part, from a small town Monticello. We have a couple lakes & an amusment park on the water, not to mention acres of fields. Thanks for the welcome, I just added some pics in the 1/5 scale section. Check them out. Do you race 1/4 scale ?

Welcome!

We are glad that you are here :)

where at in indiana are you from? i wouldnt mind coming to try out your 5th scale :lol: j/k

welcome! :P

where at in indiana are you from? i wouldnt mind coming to try out your 5th scale :lol: j/k

welcome! :P

I'm from Monticello. It's located about 35 miles North of Lafayette where Purdue University is located. It's definitely good to see some Hoosiers on here.

I'm from Monticello. It's located about 35 miles North of Lafayette where Purdue University is located. It's definitely good to see some Hoosiers on here.

whew, long drive out to purdue, lol. my girl used to go there, than dropped out when we had our daughter. the drive alone sucked <_<

whew, long drive out to purdue, lol. my girl used to go there, than dropped out when we had our daughter. the drive alone sucked <_<

Awwww. It can't be that bad. Greenwood is down by Indy. Isn't it on the South East side ? I remember being there before. I still have family in Indy & that area. I would guess driving it would take about 2 1/2 hours. When we race in Ingalls it takes us about that long to get there pulling a trailer. Sometimes we take quite a bit with us.

Qsac83008008.jpg

01LargeScaleRCPits1.jpg

wow nice fleet.

yea i think its about 2 1/2 - 3 from here. greenwood is southside, south of downtown indy, straight down us 31, im actually off of us 31 some what.