JonNBR

New Guy from Louisiana

Well, whats up guys and gals? My name is Jon, I`m 24, and I`m from Baton Rouge, Louisiana (anyone else around me?). I`m extremly new to the sport, and I must say, I am absolutely addicted. About 2 1/2 months ago my dad was cleaning out his shop and found his old RC10 graphite (i believe its like a 87-89 model) with an old Futaba Magnum Jr. and he gave it all to me. Since then I`ve gotten me a Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 RTR with a Castle Creations Sidewinder 5700Kv motor and ESC, all the parts that I had broken, are now aluminum. And last week I went and bought a new Airtronics M11 DSSS 2.4. I must say, this radio has helped me soooo friggn much as far as dialing my car in. I`ve got to admit it, I got wayy too much power in here for this being my first car. So yes, I have broken AHELLUVA lot of stuff. I`m beginning to get it though, I turned the EPA down on my Tx so now its controllable. So heres a fair warning yall, prepare to be some question answering fools! LOL. Cause theres gunna be alot of 'em. I`ll try to get some pics of the ride on here tomorrow. BTW, the guys at TheToyz.com are awesome. All of my aluminum parts that I have gotten for my car, are from here, and these guys dont play when it comes to getting products out the door. Thanks guys! One more thing, I noticed when I was typing this topic out, If I have to go back to correct something, when I start typing again, it goes over my existing sentence and I`m basically starting all over. Is there a setting on here to get it normal? Thanks again guys, and I`m looking forward to b/s'n wit you all. :D

Hey Jon!

Welcome to The Toyz!!

It's a pleasure to meet you. :)

I'm not sure about the typing issue you mentioned? Can you explain it again? Maybe we can get it figured out.

:)

Welcome man. I'm from Louisiana myself but I'm station here in England oh the joy lol. But I just got back into the hobby myself I love it again. Nice to meet a fellow Louisianian lol lata man.

Nice to meet you guys too. How you liking it there TopEndOnly?

Jughead - Well, I don`t know what happened, but I could have sworne that it was doing that to me earlier. I may just be that damn tired. lol. Oh well, its fine n dandy now. Appreciate it anyways. Going get some shut eye now, quite obvious I need it! Have a good one fellas :D

welcome to the toyz no short of rc addicts around here

Click Insert, that should fix your problem :) When ever that happens, you must have accidently hit insert. I hate that, once i never knew about that, and my whole page i typed, i had to retype it... lmao

WELCOME!

Welcome Jon!!! Its good to have you here. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable! :)

We dont mind questions here. You will find alot of good guides, threads, etc in the sections as well. Sometimes people have asked similar questions that could help as well :)

Welcome the The Toyz, be careful because this place is so addicting..........and we all love it here, eh?

Its ok up here but it rains so much and when its not raining its really cold. Huge weather difference but being here has brought me back to RC's man and for that I'm thankful.

Welcome to the greatest R/C family around my friend! Come on in and get comfortable :)

Heath