r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

Wassup, new guy here. Names Chris. Been outta RC for a while. Although I bought a Revo in 2005, it got lost in the garage for a while. :rolleyes: Its only a 2.5R model but i'm slowly upgrading it. Soo glad i found this site, much good info here and lots of good peeps.

Come on in and ENJOY my friends! :D

Let us know if you need anything... Lots of friendly RC Addictzzz around these parts ;)

Heath

Hey all, I'm obviously new here. I got a Rusty VXL and I am pretty much done modding. Just waiting on some parts from FLM and it will be "done". I am a member of E60.net if anyone else is on there. If not, it is a BMW forum (particularly the 5 series).

I found this place through one of squirrel's vids on balancing tires.

I am very new to the RC world. I bought my rusty for 200 bucks 2 months ago (snd hand) and already have over a thousand in parts and replacement parts... Go figure.

I am running the standard VXL system with the DX3S Radio setup, R.C.M. chassis, Aluminum shocks (threaded) castors and knuckles, 17mm ext hex adapters, 1/8 buggy tires all around (set of badlands and crimefighters for now) RC Screwz ss set, STRC bulkhead (not in yet so I am running the integy), Titanium hinge pin from Lunsford, RPM arms, Jato shafts (modded), FLM transmission towers wheelie mount and front skid plate (waiting on the flm parts).

I am currently deployed to Iraq and am stationed in Germany. I have a beautiful wife and an 8 month old daughter (she is actually a princess).

Well, that's it. I hope to learn a bunch and hopefully help out some as well.

Tonymac

Welcome to The Toyz my friend :) Thank you so much for your service to our country! Please make yourself comfortable here and dont hesitate to ask should you need anything at all ;)

ENJOY :rolleyes:

Heath

G'day all - room for another Aussie on the forum? :D

I know first hand how great thetoyz store is, and I've heard great things about the forums.

Think I'm going to feel right at home here.

Welcome to The Toyz forums my friends :) Sit back.... Relax.... and ENJOY! ;)

Heath

A newb just saying hello. B)

Welcome to the toyz :)

Hi everybody! I am ZuluTiger and I picked up RC hobby a few weeks ago. To start off with my first RC I got my self a Losi XX off of craigslist:) It came with a good reciever and radio, and everthing seemed to be good. Just looked like it was sitting around for a while. Then I got in there and after putting in the new motor, speed control, and a battery I found my problems. I needed to find a new motor mount, bulk head, transimission parts, new diff gear,battery straps, screws, and a some other parts. Well I fixed all that and by the way I was vacationing with friends in San Diego, came back up to Nevada and now I need to replace my spur gear, and I let my brother try it out and he got the antenna stuck in one of the tires so I need to replace that or fix it some how. Also, I need to fix my transimission again because when I give the car some gas the the pinion gear and spur gear are spinning fine but my tires are going nowhere tried to tighten and untighten my diff but I think it is in my transmission. I just have so much trouble finding the parts:angry: On the plus side though I found the original guide to the transimission and a manual complete with assembly with all parts and numbers to my buggy. So, I am just a guy trying to rebuild a classic buggy.

Welcome to The Toyz my friend! :) Good luck on your rebuild ;)

Heath

Hi to all!

I found this place when i was googling rc parts to my Lazer ZX-5 BL. I am a new member and i purchased my first real rc-car 5 months ago.

So hello everybody. I am from Finland :)

Welcome to The Toyz!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the proper way to introduce myself to the community but here goes anyway:

I am new to the RC world having just acquired my first RC boat (actually its a modified Kyosho Surf Dude). Being a newbie, I have been scouring the web trying to learn as much as possible about RC boating and RC craft in general. I found some really cool how-to videos by Squirrel and followed his trail here. I have a few friends who are into RC off-roading and kind of rekindled the bug after a visit out west with them. I use to fly RC gliders years ago with my brother-in-law and his friends in California. I loved it but living in the flat lands of Florida I never really pursued it on my own. I have been in the surfing and boating industry most of my life and have a ton of experience working with resins and fiberglass construction. One of my main RC goals is to create some of my own 'craft', have FUN, and of coarse acquire the knowledge and skill to outfit them with the proper hardware. I look forward to sharing ideas with other RC enthusiasts and promoting knowledge sharing. Ain't the web great!

Cheers,

David aka MonkeyBoy

Mike from Detroit here, new to your playground. Been in and out of R/C for 24 years ( yes kids that means I'm an adult woohoo) I never want to grow up if I have to get rid of my R/Cs or video games. The current stable includes 2 Losi mini-ts, Ofna Nitro buggy, Savage 21 with Savavge X conversion and a hot bodies .26, Traxxas Slash and I already preordered my HPI Blitz. I am really enjoying the short course stuff right now at the indoor stadium track @ Larry's performance R/Cs in Sterling Heights , Michigan. To be honest I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but that may change.

First R/C was a Tamiya Hornet.

Hello all. My name is Fran from Canary Island, Spain, and i have 4 scale car and one kyosho old car, is a lancia rallye.

I hope you undestand me on topics.

Welcome to The Toyz forums my friends! Come on in and get comfortable ;) Members tend to stay awhile :D

Enjoy and dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions.... There is many knowledgable and friendly members here!

Heath

Welcome Fran!

You have found the best RC Forum in the www.

Enjoy yourself! :)

Hi! Tofi here. I am a New to Nitro RC, ordered my 1st Nitro a Revo 3.3 and hope to lay my hands on it by the end of August. I was actually looking for a forum for Revo and found 2 of em.

Both (including this one) are the best I could find. Hope to stick to both of these and also hope u guys could help me out if I come across any problem with my RC.

Thnks a lot

Hi! Tofi here. I am a New to Nitro RC, ordered my 1st Nitro a Revo 3.3 and hope to lay my hands on it by the end of August. I was actually looking for a forum for Revo and found 2 of em.

Both (including this one) are the best I could find. Hope to stick to both of these and also hope u guys could help me out if I come across any problem with my RC.

Thnks a lot

You've come to the right place, ask around these guys know their shhhhhh.... and welcome to the best rc forum on the planet.... no for realzies!! ;)