r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

Juanmarteen    0

New in town, living in beautiful Renton, WA. Just got a beat Savage 21 for free. My last experience with RC was Tamiya Wild Willie and Grasshopper well over 10 years ago - never worked with nitro before (always been a bigger fan of electric for no apparent reason). Looking forward to learning, upgrading, driving, replacing broken stuff, and probably getting more RC's. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way...

cmnyj28    17

New in town, living in beautiful Renton, WA. Just got a beat Savage 21 for free. My last experience with RC was Tamiya Wild Willie and Grasshopper well over 10 years ago - never worked with nitro before (always been a bigger fan of electric for no apparent reason). Looking forward to learning, upgrading, driving, replacing broken stuff, and probably getting more RC's. I'm sure I'll have questions along the way...

Welcome to the Toyz, post up your questions, we'll be glad to help out.

Feel free to look around and enjoy and any questions feel free just ask.

cmnyj28    17

Hi all.. I just signed up to the forum and am looking forward to the community

Welcome to the forum bud, please feel free to post up anything you like. Lots of great knowledge here and guys ready to help.

Onyxius    0

Hello Everyone,

Coming back to the RC world after 15ish years. I used to have a nitro which was a blast and now that I'm coming back I'm going to try the brushless electric. I was looking at the 1/10 Rustler VXL because of the speed right out of the box. I was mostly going to be on grass as I have not looked for a place to drive that has dirt or sand but we have grassy fields and yards. I live in the north west corner of Houston so going to the beach takes over an hour which isn't as fun when your car only runs for about 20 min unless you have more batteries =).

Anyway I was pretty set on the Rustler until I saw the Savage Flux and my jaw dropped, but I can't afford 600+ dollars rought now. The 360 was more in my range right now. I was also planning on going with a limo battery and charger but I have read more horror stories and seen several videos of the batteries burning the RC to the ground and it kinda scares me to go lips lol but I want the speed. So now I'm at limbo with what I wanna do.

I thought about buying used but not sure. I also thought about a cheaper RC and use the extra money to beef it up but not sure on what RC. I started watching more of squirrels videos which I think he does such an awesome job on. So as you can see I need help :) and I'm so excited to be getting back in the game.

Thank you everyone

-Dave

Man I just saw this and some others, I'm really leaning on this Rustler.

So I saw another post on here to get this charger, http://www.hobbypartz.com/73p-ac680-accharger.html. So what lips battery should I get?

cmnyj28    17

Welcome Onyxius, Glad you've joined us here at the Toyz, please feel free to post up questions and anything else you would like help with or just simply to discuss.

JayzRC    11

Hi Onyxius! Lipos can be safe with a bit of knowledge and having a battery that meets the needs of your kit. We can help you with that. The savage is an awesome machine but spendy. If you mostly run grass and fields, 4 wheel drive will be your friend. Please start up a thread with all your questions and we will do all we can to show you options and help out any way we can :D

cmnyj28    17

Thank you guys, I will go ahead and do that :)

Looking forward to it bud

BHorn    0

Hi All, I'm the New Kid in town. I browsed the FAQ's today, and came to realize, that I've done EVERYTHING wrong so far. I've got big shoulders, and thick skin, so flame away. I've watched many of Squirrel's videos, and they have helped tons, and tons. Now for the part where I hang my head... I'm new to the RC world, and my first RTR Truck is a Redcat Earthquake 3.5. I know... now. So, here's what I've done to it so far. Aluminum hub carriers, aluminum hubs front and rear, pitched the bushings in the steering system, and replaced them with bearings. I have the "widening kit" that uses the Shredder control arms to widen the stance by 3 inches. Bought an Integy setup kit, and set it to 3 degrees camber front, and rear, 2 degrees toe in on the rear, 3 degrees toe out in the front, and caster is pretty much where it's gonna be. I replaced the SH 3.5 with an XTM 457 6 port, and all the flywheel, clutch, and bell gear to go with it. See? I told you I did EVERYTHING wrong so far. But, I like to make things work, that shouldn't, and I've come this far with it, so I'm going to see how "good" I can make it. Go ahead, flame away. And when we're done, I have a few questions for the braintrust. You folks have an amazing wealth of knowledge, and I can't wait to pick it.

JayzRC    11

Welcome BHorn. No flaming will happen here :)

While many arent Redcat fans, it's still an RC! Sounds like you are well on your way to make it as reliable as it can be. You've done a ton of work to it. Please feel free to post up your questionsand show off your rig. We tend to like pics here :D

cmnyj28    17

Welcome BHorn, Glad your here.

squishy    0

Hi guys, i'm just now getting back into RC after clearing out my shed and stumbling across my old Shumacher Havoc and Schumacher riot 2.

They''re currently stripped down as I figured I should give them some love and a clean etc, looking forward to getting back out there and destroying some grass :D

cmnyj28    17

Hi guys, i'm just now getting back into RC after clearing out my shed and stumbling across my old Shumacher Havoc and Schumacher riot 2.

They''re currently stripped down as I figured I should give them some love and a clean etc, looking forward to getting back out there and destroying some grass :D

Welcome to the Toyz bud, please post away.

cmnyj28    17

Hey new here. Anybody know why i cant start a thread?

Welcome to the forum after one post you should be able to start a new thread.