r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

cmnyj28    17

newbie from Houston tx,and in need of lots of help lol

Welcome to the forum bud, please feel free and ask away. Post what RC's you have and what you need help with.

JayzRC    11

Welcome to the forums Angel!

We are always glad to help :)

BlackIce05    0

Hello everyone, I'm new to RC as a whole and found this forum in my seemingly endless journey for info trying to figure out what truck I wish to start with, and it sounds like the perfect place to land. I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of questions from me. I live in central Missouri and look forward to talking to all of the great people on here.

cmnyj28    17

Hello everyone, I'm new to RC as a whole and found this forum in my seemingly endless journey for info trying to figure out what truck I wish to start with, and it sounds like the perfect place to land. I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of questions from me. I live in central Missouri and look forward to talking to all of the great people on here.

Welcome to the forum, please feel free and ask away. We are happy to help.

JayzRC    11

Welcome!! :D Glad you found us .

RC-Christo    0

Greetings guys,

My name is Chris, (Profile name: RC-Christo). I have just joined this forum today and wanted to say hi to fellow members. I live in Melbourne, Australia and am a long time enthusiast of RCs in all forms.

I work as a Landscape Architect but in my spare time I love to work on RCs and making things, usually for my RCs. It would be fair to say that I am quite addicted to this hobby.

Recently I started writing a blog about my RC projects to share with other enthusiasts.

My RC projects generally involve cars, heli's, and multi-rotors.

Cheers,
RC Christo

cmnyj28    17

Welcome to the Toyz Chris.

Feel free to post up some builds, we all love seeing and learning.

RC-Christo    0

Thanks BashingBill.

I have started a new thread in the Mini RC Chat category discussing a new RC18T build project I am working on.

Cheers,

Chris

cmnyj28    17

Thanks BashingBill.

I have started a new thread in the Mini RC Chat category discussing a new RC18T build project I am working on.

Cheers,

Chris

awesome thanks Bud

r00st3r    0

So been a member here for years, but haven't posted in years aswell so I figured I might as well reintroduce myself. I'm Canadian, love all things rc related, and would happily help with anything any of the members or mods/admins may need be it rc related or what have you. Currently big into multirotors now owning about 8 of them, and having built about twice that amount. Currently waiting on some parts to build a new tricopter as I type this. Ofcourse, also into land rc's having owned dozens of those, and currently building a highly upgraded monster truck that I once owned when I first got into rc stuff. Got rid of it a long time ago, and have regreted it since. This one I'm keeping! Lol. Anyways, that should be enough about me. Heh. Hope to post here as much as possible.

-Chris

cmnyj28    17

So been a member here for years, but haven't posted in years aswell so I figured I might as well reintroduce myself. I'm Canadian, love all things rc related, and would happily help with anything any of the members or mods/admins may need be it rc related or what have you. Currently big into multirotors now owning about 8 of them, and having built about twice that amount. Currently waiting on some parts to build a new tricopter as I type this. Ofcourse, also into land rc's having owned dozens of those, and currently building a highly upgraded monster truck that I once owned when I first got into rc stuff. Got rid of it a long time ago, and have regreted it since. This one I'm keeping! Lol. Anyways, that should be enough about me. Heh. Hope to post here as much as possible.

-Chris

Welcome Back Bud, looking forward to you posting and keeping us updated on what you have going on.

JayzRC    11

Welcome back Chris! Got any pics of your multirotors? I have been chomping at the bit to try one. See you on the boards :D

r00st3r    0

Welcome back Chris! Got any pics of your multirotors? I have been chomping at the bit to try one. See you on the boards :D

Oh yes! Will post them up today with some vids maybe. It's been my obsession the past 2 years.

MWildeman    0

Hey all I first want to introduce myself =) I am Mitchel and I was born in The Netherlands and I moved to Germany almost 3 years ago. Since I was 12 I wanted to have a Nitro car, but now with the burshless, I went for a brushless RC Car. And the one I picked is a Carson Dessert Warrior. I know Carson doesn't have such a name, but this one is quite good so far. It's fast, handles good and it came RtR. So sofar I am happy with all.

I already saw some videos of Squirrel and learned some more about RC's and I am happy about that. It's a a very nice hobby =)

I am happy to be here and looking forward for all of your help!

Greetings from Germany =)

post-96845-0-46244700-1434902719_thumb.j

JayzRC    11

Greetings Michael :) Welcome to the forum. I have never heard of that RC. Please tell us some more about it and maybe post some pictures. See you on the boards!

cmnyj28    17

Welcome Mitchel, glad you've joined us, any questions please post them up.

Bev    0

Hello everyone,

I have been in the RC game on and off for almost 30yrs. I have not touched them in about 4yrs as my other favorite hobby is sport bikes. I got hit from behind on the highway and have a broken ankle, broken foot and 10 broken ribs. While being laid up it popped in my head and I got the bug again. I currently only have a Losi 8ight Race Roller that I'm in the process of converting to electric.

I found this site from Squirrels awesome videos on youtube. I can't wait to complete it and I'm glad I found this site.

Mark

cmnyj28    17

Hello everyone,

I have been in the RC game on and off for almost 30yrs. I have not touched them in about 4yrs as my other favorite hobby is sport bikes. I got hit from behind on the highway and have a broken ankle, broken foot and 10 broken ribs. While being laid up it popped in my head and I got the bug again. I currently only have a Losi 8ight Race Roller that I'm in the process of converting to electric.

I found this site from Squirrels awesome videos on youtube. I can't wait to complete it and I'm glad I found this site.

Mark

Welcome Mark, I hope you get better bud, that sounds like some pain. I'm glad you found us, RC is fun and lots have changed over the last 30 years.

xellos99    0

Hi all. Wanted a good RC car since the 1980's. I had to watch as several friends over the years got those popular $200 ish kits that seemed so fast. My first RC arrives 2morro, a losi mini 8ight. Im here for advice how to fix it, upgrade it and not kill myself using lipo batteries wrongly.

JayzRC    11

Howdy Xellos99! That's a great little RC you have coming. Good thinking to do your homework on Lipo's. Any questions, please don't hesitate to start up a topic, and have a look through the info on the forum. Welcome to the Toyz ;)

cmnyj28    17

Hi all. Wanted a good RC car since the 1980's. I had to watch as several friends over the years got those popular $200 ish kits that seemed so fast. My first RC arrives 2morro, a losi mini 8ight. Im here for advice how to fix it, upgrade it and not kill myself using lipo batteries wrongly.

Welcome to the Toyz, please feel free and start up a topic so we can assist you in what your looking for.

_scooby_    0

I have one of these. Is a great little car. I love mine. Only issues I personally had was the radio and the cogging. The radio seemed to work until I got about 30 feet away. So I did change that. Tried it out on a friend's car and was doing the same thing. The cogging I haven't addressed yet. I typically wait till something breaks to change/upgrade it.

xellos99    0

I have one of these. Is a great little car. I love mine. Only issues I personally had was the radio and the cogging. The radio seemed to work until I got about 30 feet away. So I did change that. Tried it out on a friend's car and was doing the same thing. The cogging I haven't addressed yet. I typically wait till something breaks to change/upgrade it.

Yes there seems to be half a dozen common faults i keep reading about. It is too wet in the UK for me to even try it out yet. I do not want 2 change anything either unless broken but this cogging sounds very annoying. I have read it is worse with the nimh + all i have is 2 of those right now. 30 ft would be bad also so i am very confused lol. Do i get lipos + good charger, try to increase range, try to stop cogging, do nothing 4 now. I just dont know lol....

_scooby_    0

Yeah the range thing annoyed me. I got a fly sky radio to replace it. Never had any other problems with that since then. I only use lipo's in it. I have a couple 2s and 3s. 2s is sufficient. 3s is a bit rediculus and mine being all stock tends to get a little warm with 3s. But as far as the cogging I haven't done anything with that since I only really bash with it. If I were racing it it would have been addressed. When it's time I was considering replacing the ecu and motor with a tacon. Nicely priced and seemed to correct the cogging issue from what I have read from others.