r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

1,341 posts in this topic

Hi...my name is Corey. I only have a Losi Micro DT at the moment because I am time poor and anything bigger that requires me to go too far afield is just going to cost time I don't have! I haven't been using it much lately but I am going to build a little 'modular' indoor track that I can set-up at home in the living room (see attached concept picture)...more on that as it develops.

post-96185-0-02251800-1388274582_thumb.j

CG

Welcome to the Toyz Corey! The modular track is a great idea. I hope to see more about it!

Welcome to the Toyz Corey, hope you enjoy it here.

I like mini and micro RCs and the toyz always is my first choice to buy from. I'm currently going full force on my LaTrax Teton and I'm waiting for this site to get the GPM parts in. So far I have a carbon fiber chassis and one way center shaft. Mamba micro pro 4100kv 0808 motor set. SCT body on my Teton and I love it. IMG_20140408_000339_zpspqmxf3ir.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Nice mini!

I'm Scott,

I've had R/C's now for probably ~ 20 years, though honestly my old Truggy's have been in storage most of the last ~ 15 years.

I'm getting back into the sport because it's something fun I can share with my kids.

Most of what I have at this point is on-road... and I have a couple of vintage truggies (Losi XXT and Associated RC10T) but the XXT has a broken front bulkhead which seems nearly impossible to replace at a reasonable cost, and the RC10T really needs to be worked over... (trying to decide if I'm going to finish converting it to brushless/lipo or just move on to something else...

welcome to the crew lol

Welcome to the forums!

I'm Scott,

I've had R/C's now for probably ~ 20 years, though honestly my old Truggy's have been in storage most of the last ~ 15 years.

I'm getting back into the sport because it's something fun I can share with my kids.

Most of what I have at this point is on-road... and I have a couple of vintage truggies (Losi XXT and Associated RC10T) but the XXT has a broken front bulkhead which seems nearly impossible to replace at a reasonable cost, and the RC10T really needs to be worked over... (trying to decide if I'm going to finish converting it to brushless/lipo or just move on to something else...

Welcome to the forum!

The RC10T is a beast with brushless/ li-po.

I have 2 of them myself. They are a durable truck that has no problem holding up to modern brushless power.

Welcome to the toyz Scifan.

Hello everyone. Been into rc's for quite some time but until recently they have been cheapos from the local walmart. A couple months ago a good friend of mine traded some random truck parts for a T-Maxx and gave it to me as a late xmas gift. First time running a nitro rc. Was hooked the first throttle blip :P I'm already researching to build a rock bouncer style 4x4 from the ground up. I like building custom stuff. My toys and truck are proof of that lol. 95 Ford F350 crew cab long box 4x4 with a 5.9L 12 valve p-pump Cummins. 85 Suzuki LT250R with a 87 Kawasaki KX500 engine, and an 87 LT250R with a 91 KDX200 engine(Girlfriends quad) I can't leave anything stock and I also like to break things.

Found this site through Squirrels youtube vids. Love the layout and the amount of info throughout the forum. I'm in the learning stages of nitro but I know engines in general so it's just the fine details of nitro I'm lacking.

Hello everyone. Been into rc's for quite some time but until recently they have been cheapos from the local walmart. A couple months ago a good friend of mine traded some random truck parts for a T-Maxx and gave it to me as a late xmas gift. First time running a nitro rc. Was hooked the first throttle blip :P I'm already researching to build a rock bouncer style 4x4 from the ground up. I like building custom stuff. My toys and truck are proof of that lol. 95 Ford F350 crew cab long box 4x4 with a 5.9L 12 valve p-pump Cummins. 85 Suzuki LT250R with a 87 Kawasaki KX500 engine, and an 87 LT250R with a 91 KDX200 engine(Girlfriends quad) I can't leave anything stock and I also like to break things.

Found this site through Squirrels youtube vids. Love the layout and the amount of info throughout the forum. I'm in the learning stages of nitro but I know engines in general so it's just the fine details of nitro I'm lacking.

Welcome to the forum Goat, If you have any questions please post up and keep us updated on your builds and anything else going on.

Hey guys, first time poster here, wasnt sure where to post as it said I jus needed to make a post to gain access to everything so I figured this was a good spot lol Been in the hobby for a few years now thanks to a debt being paid with an rc truck and I've been hooked ever since. I'm on quite a few groups on Facebook and was directed here by Rj at the toyz.com and liked the look of the whole layout and how helpful everyone says the forums are, also one of my buddys Rodney Hoover told me to check it out and how awesome the toyz has been for him. I've been goin thru some pretty difficult times in my life and love that I have this hobby to take my mind off of stuff sometimes even tho I came currently afford to fix my trucks which are all broke now lol Anyways I look forward to being a part of the forums and a part of this awesome community :)

Glad you found us, and a hearty welcome to you! What RC's are you running? Please post up some pics when you have some time if you like as well as any questions we can help you with. Have a look around and make yourself at home. See you on the forums!

Welcome to the forums! :)

Welcome to the Toyz, have a look around and enjoy learning with the rest of us..

What's up everyone. I've always gone by the alias SCAR not sure why but anyway, I grew up watching grown ups fly rc planes and race onroad cars. While living in NYC, i always went to central park and drove my boats in the ponds. a decade later i started flying helis and a planes, nothing big scale. Nitro cars has always been on my radar since young so i ended up buying a secondhand hpi stadium truck so that i can make a transition from air to road. I am joining this forum looking to learn more about this hobby and hopefully able to fix the secondhand nightmare that i got into. Outside of the hobby, i am pursuing to get my CPA license which is a pita.

Welcome here SCARM. Second hand cars (especially nitro) can be a handful. Please start up a thread describing the issue and hopefully we can help get it straightened out ;)

Welcome Scarm54, please post up any questions you may have or chime in on discussions already going on.

Hey all. New here! Figured I'd say hey. Getting into the scale rc stuff. I like the racing stuff but the crawlers are more my speed.

Welcome, I'm just getting into scalers/crawlers myself.

Hey all. New here! Figured I'd say hey. Getting into the scale rc stuff. I like the racing stuff but the crawlers are more my speed.

Welcome to The Toyz, glad you've found our forum, please feel free to post up any questions or comments you may have.

new guy,

Rash (2wd slash w nitro rustler body shoehorned on) 3930kv tacon sv3,

The Brick ax10 scorpion based crawler with hardened steel everything - cold rolled steel rod scorpion mk1 looking custom hand butchered chassis, 35t brushed 3s animal

The PILE, aka Partz Pit, aka losi mini-sct

The Geezer, 1987 Kyosho Raider, all stock except for a junk old tamiya teu-101bk esc, full bearing kit and tamiya twin detonator wheels with 2.2 traxas anaconda's