r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

Just wanna say whats up im new to rc crawlers but been in rc for a while. Just got a losi night crawler through a trade and your form helped me with a little setup I have a hpi savage xl traxxas smaxx traxxas slash traxxas bandit and so on...but just wanted to say wats up

Joined the forum not too long ago. I ended up coming across this place after watching a few of Squirrels videos on Youtube while trying to learn a few things about the nitro car I bought a few weeks back. I have been into R/C on and off for a while now and I started off with electric cars but always wanted to branch into nitro. I already like how active the forum looks and all the information I have learned so far has been great. Looking forward to kicking around here.

Just wanted to say Hi!

A RC-noob from Europe trying to into the hobby :P

Thought this would be a good place to look if I needed a few pointers.

Saw Squirrels vids on Youtube and it lead me here, so here I am :P

Hope to learn alot from you guys :)

This forum and the site [thetoyz.com] came recommended to me after I was starting to ask about my mini lst and my rc18t on several other forums. Seems like a good bunch with some solid advice/help with upgrade ideas.

Looking forward to searching the topics and or getting some answers.

Hey all, I'm new to the hobby (about 5 months) made my way here from watching Squirrels videos. Looking forward to exploring these forums.

Hello all,

Guess I'm an old school noob... haven't had an RC in about 20 years... yea, I'm old! Found this outstanding sight after watching just about every video Squirrel has.... WOW! Anyway, Deployed, some guys over here are racing whenever they can get together, so I figured, WTH, and like I usually do, I got carried away ;p. Been reading here for the last couple months, and this sight, and Squirrel's vid's have been a godsend. I'm now the proud owner of a Losi SCTE (well... if it ever makes it over here anyway).

Basically, I just wanted to say "thanks" for all of your experience, for your input, and for all of you taking your time to share this fantastic information.

Brad

Hey guys, my name is Derek, and i have never owned an rc (except the cheapo ones) but I have been introduced to the rc world by friends and am looking to get into it!! I'm looking for a place that can help me learn the ropes, and I hope this is it. I'm into crawling, not really any fast stuff, but it never hurts of course. Hopefully I can learn some stuff here!

Hello everyone my name is Nathan and I have been in the hobby since 2008-09 while I was deployed. I bought an E-Maxx and a Slash to bash around in the desert while I was there. Both cars held up very well. I will be introducing my 2 kids to the hobby this Christmas. I bought them both the HPI Crawler kings. I thought that would be perfect for them because they were cheap. Since I bought the kids some crawlers I had to get me something so I got me an entry level crawler/scale vehicle. I went with the Axial SCX 10 Dingo(Which the wife will not let me take it out the box till Christmas). Can't wait to start modding and checking the forums for ideas.

Hello everyone my name is Nathan and I have been in the hobby since 2008-09 while I was deployed. I bought an E-Maxx and a Slash to bash around in the desert while I was there. Both cars held up very well. I will be introducing my 2 kids to the hobby this Christmas. I bought them both the HPI Crawler kings. I thought that would be perfect for them because they were cheap. Since I bought the kids some crawlers I had to get me something so I got me an entry level crawler/scale vehicle. I went with the Axial SCX 10 Dingo(Which the wife will not let me take it out the box till Christmas). Can't wait to start modding and checking the forums for ideas.

Welcome to the forum Nathan... and thank you for your service to our country. Glad to see you're getting the kids involved!! You won't regret that Dingo purchase. Axials are held in high regard on this forum, and for good reason. I'm sure you'll love yours. Be sure to post pics as you make progress.

Greetings guys,

Im new to this forum but not new to R/C's. So far ive owned a Duratrax EXT, Traxxas Slash VXL 2WD, Traxxas 1/16 Slash converted to E-Revo hybrid and a Losi Micro DT. Ive recently sold all to pay some bills but Im saving to get a new truck to bash around. I was on the Traxxas forums but I need somewhere unbiased and with fewer noobcakes. Ive pretty much ordered 90% of my parts from TheToyz so I thought id give this forum a shot.

From your friendly canadian,

Tibble420

Hello guys and gals, new to this forum but not Rc. I've only bashed and flown for fun. Electric and Nitro. I currently have 2 Jatos,a Tmaxx classic, Mini Erevo, Rc18t version 1, Blade120sr, BSR, B450, & am currently building a Trex 700e.

I enjoy this hobby and hope to learn much more here. Thanks for the great great site.

Rick

hi y'all ,

been into the rc hobby on and off for around 25 years , only cars but might get a flying device one day, you never know,,

mainly obsessed with Tamiya M-Chassis cars but also enjoy 2wd off road and crawling ,

i joined 'toyz' via the link on the youtube airbrushing tutorials , watching them as i am about to order my first airbrushes and compressor etc so i will be asking for some help on the appropriate threads ,

look forward to chatting,

all the best,

rcdriven

Whats up forum? My names Brian Im from Toledo Ohio. Was in RC planes about 12 years ago then dropped it. I recently seen some RC drifting videos thought it looked sweet so I bought a HPI sprint 2 and some drift tires. Yea Im spontaneous....

Hello all.

My name is Rich from CT. Just got into the hobby myself with my six year old Zach. We jumped in with both feet. He's got an HPI Nitro MT2 which runs great. And I'm throwing around an RC10GT that im painfully getting to run correctly. Im sure I'll be taking advantage of the resources on here as my build continues.

Hello, my name is Justin, i live in Iowa. I was into the rc hobby alittle about 7 years ago, then off and on with minis and micros the last 4-5 years while my other hobby (Cars)has been my main focus. Now i am finding my way back into the hobby, i have a Brushless Losi Micro DT and a HPI Mini Recon. I have parts on the way for the micro, parts are not instock anywhere for the recon, but once they are i plan to mod it and also pick up a 1/10 brushless truck next.

Hello everyone. I'm a new member to The Toyz Forums. I live in Hastings in the UK and i am a very happy owner of a Savage X 4.6 and my lovely wife has bought me a Savage 5.9 XL to keep it company for my birthday next month.

Hello everyone! First time doing this, recently my wife gave me a Jato for my birthday. Don't know much about RCs but boy have I learned a lot in YouTube. Love the Jato, purchased a few hop up parts and it's looking nice!!! Hope to learned so much more, thanks.

Hi friends, new member joining ya tonight. Greetings from the Cayman Islands, I currently own a Revo 3.3, with a missing engine, currently waitin on a new motor to arrive soon so I can get back to bashing again.

Hopefully I can find the answers and help that I might need to get my Revo running again!! but for the mean time, time to stock up on hop ups!