r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

Hello eveyone im new to RC and I have been watching Squirrel vids and I been finding it very helpfull thank you man and I been thinking what 1st rc I should get thinking about geting a ACME make I know alot of ppl are saying they are not good makes and eveything but I dont want to mess up a good one and I dont want to spend to much for my 1st rc cus I know I will mess it up lol but could anyone tell me all the rc makes out there so I could them up and see what one I want to buy from but for my next one I want to get is JATO 3.3 for my next and I would also like if anyone could tell me what tools I should get that would hlep me alot if anyone could tell me. and sorry if my spelling suxs

Hello everybody! Obviously new to the forum, so here goes. My name is Tom. From Barrie Ontario Canada. Have been toying with rc's for a few years now, and the rc18t2/ b2 kit has led me to this forum. Ordered the kit with a mamba micro 5400 motor/ esc combo. I have a few rc's sitting on the shelf till weather is nicer. Axial ax10, sc10 1/10 2wd, losi 8ight 2 buggy, hpi sprint 2 with about 800$ into it, eflite micro, mcx2 and a micro t-28. Love everyone of these and am glad I branched out to try different types of rc's. Sold a mini e-revo, t-Rex 450 and losi miniature crawler :). Hoping to learn everything that needs to be modded and upgraded in the rc18t2 kit from this forum. Hope to meet some new ppl and new ideas. Oki bye :)

Hi, here's a new member from Italy (so forgive me if sometimes my English is not perfect!) :D

I'm in the hobby from about 8 months, started with an Axial SCX10 Honcho and then I buyed a Slash 4x4; love short courses, even if here it's not a very popular class of vehicles.

I don't race...not good enough <_< only bashing and sometimes I go to the local track for some fun! Maybe I'll pass on a nitro kit (1/8 buggy or another SC) this summer, but I'm not so shure...some friends run nitro buggys and they always tell me to get one,

Also, I follow Squirrel's vids (thanks to him I discovered this awesome forum) and always listen to Cookingwithnitro.

Ok that's all for now ;)

Hi people, new to the forum with some bashing experience. I have a 2wd slash and a second 2wd slash waiting to become a buggy slash.

Hi people, new to the forum with some bashing experience. I have a 2wd slash and a second 2wd slash waiting to become a buggy slash.

12cGod, Welcome, hope you enjoy the forum..

just saying hi really, found this forum after finding squirrels massively helpful tuning vids on youtube. new to nitro but not new to rc, picked up a schumacher fusion 28 turbo a couple weeks back, taking some serious getting used to the power of this thing!

currently waiting for new upper and lower front wishbones to be delivered due to me not checking the rx battery... half throttle into a wall midway through a turn was painful, big open space with only 1 wall close by and thats the direction the car decided to head in :(

(on-board volt meter + low voltage failsafe have now been fitted lol)

hi everyone . i have been into nitro rc for about 6 months and hooked. i have 2 nitro buggys. just new to the forum . i found it after watching squirrels vids on youtube and cooking with nitro. my name is Brett and i live in Australia. rc's are a very very small hobby in my local area and the one store that sold rc's and parts is going out of business on june the 4th. so i will have to drive really far or buy online from then on :(

whats up. new to the forum but not rc. im from jersey. been rc drifting for a little bit now but just got the Traxxas rally Vxl ken block edition and while looking for upgrades found this little honey hole of parts and info.

Hey guys - Brian here. I'm fairly new to the car/truck side of RC, and before coming here I was more on the airplane side of things. I've got to say that I'm having an absolute blast with my two new toys, a Team Associated RC10GT2 and an HPI Savage X SS with an Axial .28 pushing it along. I, like most new to nitro (my plane is electric), am spending a ton of time trying to figure this all out. Fortunately, I've found the RC car/truck community to be a very helpful one, so I can generally find what I need to know to keep the cars running.

See you soon!

G'day to everyone from Brisbane, Australia. I have been around RC for about 30yrs, mostly cars but dabbles in heli, planes and boats in the past.

Currently got a Savage XSS converted to electric - started this a few months before the Flux first came out. Also got a couple of drag cars and a Losi XX buggy currently set up as drag bracket car.

I am a member of a few other forums and stumbled upon this one, always good to look around at what others are doing.

Cheers

Brow

Hi Everyone,

My name is Fred, I'm French but live in NYC since 2008. I'm 31 and was in the hobby about 16 years ago. I used to own a 1/10 Kyosho Rampage. I also dedicated 11 years of my life to paintball until 2008. Playing in Div2 / Div1 / SPL division of the European circuit. I had to stop due to an erniated disk in my back and because of my move to the US.

I'm looking to get back in the hobby and my interest is in 1/8 buggys. I'm a competitor at heart and I feel like this would be a great endavour for the years to come. Unfortunatly ... NYC is clearly NOT a good location for that ... If anyone here is in the same situation or found a good alternative to indulge in the hobby I'll be glad to hear about it. I've considered simulation (VRC PRO) but who knows when it will be released! And I like to be hands on anyway ...

I've spent a few hours watching Squirrel's videos and I just want to say that I'm amazed in the amount of work and knowledge he put into it. In two words ... Thank You!

Fred

New to the forums and nitro, bought a Savage 4.6 about 2 weeks ago. Already broke the smaller of my diff bevel gears, although, I think I may need to shim my diff.

Hello, I'm a young excited RC-er. I just love to take things apart. My cars are: HPI Bullet MT Flux (I live in the Netherlands), Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL, Losi Micro Rally Car (converted to brushless) and a Losi Mini Desert Buggy. My driving style is smooth and stable and when my car almost flips or something like that, I can react really quick. When racing my brother, I race tactical. I like to give my brothers car a little tap with my wheel to send his car flying. He then thinks he hit a rock or something. I like forums because I can help people. I love helping people.

See you on the forums!

My driving style is smooth and stable and when my car almost flips or something like that, I can react really quick.

I think your trying to say you drive like ninja. Welcome to the forums

Whats up, From Michigan the toyz is the best!!

Whats up, From Michigan the toyz is the best!!

Welcome to the Toyz Samson from Michigan, what RC's do you have...

Hey guys,

I'm Dean from Melbourne AUS, I'm currently waiting for the mini revo to come back into stock @ tower.. or tossing up between that and a mini summit (street bashing mainly w/ some offroad grass & dirt)

Atm, I have a KM baja 5B and wanting another brushless car :D

Hey guys,

I'm Dean from Melbourne AUS, I'm currently waiting for the mini revo to come back into stock @ tower.. or tossing up between that and a mini summit (street bashing mainly w/ some offroad grass & dirt)

Atm, I have a KM baja 5B and wanting another brushless car :D

Hey Dean

I have owned both the Mini Summit and the Mini Revo, If you are mainly on road go Mini Revo, handles much better then the Summit does..The Summit is a Blast on Dirt and grass but the Revo kicks *** on the street...

Have fun..

Bill