r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

1,341 posts in this topic

Hey hey whats going on guys?? So hey i have a question I live in Alaska and im looking into getting some 2.2 HPI Sand Throwers cause winters coming and i want to smash in the snow but i dont know what rims will fit and this is for the Merv..

Welcome guys!

Shon- what hex are the 2.2's running? The MERV is a 12mm so crawling style rims can work. If you are running 14mm then you might be able to find a 12 to 14 hex adapter to plug into the wheel.

Hey thanks Squirrel.. yea ive been looking around just not too big on the beadlock look will these work?? Im alittle new to this but im having a blast with the Merv and living up in Alaska i think ill need some paddle tires for winter.. well thank you for the help..HPI Type F5 rims

Hello - I watched some of Squirrel's videos on YouTube and figured this would be a nice place to hang out and pick up RC info. Some of the big forums are annoying to read sometimes.

I think I can learn a thing or two about the hobby. I have only been in the hobby four months I have a Revo 3.3,Emaxx,1/16 Erevo. I'm hooked!!!

hi guys, im new here, im mostly a basher and i run a hyper 7 tq sport.

and hi squirrel its badboyazza2009 from youtube, i comment quite alot on your fantastic vids.

I would like to advertise your forum further for you in anyway i possibly can,

either with little things like mentioning your forum in my future vids on youtube, inserting link of this forum in my video, show your forum with decals on my shell, anything possible mate.

would really like that, because there are always people out there that love the hobby and its nice to get us all together.

thanks

Hey everybody. I'm new here. My name's Chris and I have an E10 touring that has the drift layout with touring tires right now. R32 skyline body. I'm about to purchase a nitro 4-tec 3.3 that does not have an engine nor a transmitter and am going to restore it with a little more umph in the engine department. Glad to be here, and hope to learn a lot as I'm fairly new to the hobby.

Chris

Welcome to the forum guys :)

Hi guys, im johnny. New to the non toy rc's. first truck is an emaxx 3906. I just upgraded axles, knuckles, turnbuckles to 3.3 stuff. also new to heli's. bought an art-tech falcon 3d. hovered it twice and the wait for parts began.

Gday guys!

Another new guy here! I have been into RC for a number of years and currently have a Schumacher MI4lp setup for drift. I also have a MLST1 which I am currently upgrading with parts I just ordered from TheToyz! As we all know the drivetrain on this car is rubbish so hoping the full MIP kit does the trick!

Regards,

Anthony!

HI newb here. i'll be lurking around for some good info for a while LOL

I'm currently running

stampede brushless **my sons**

rustler Brusnhed ** freebie **

and MY newest toy

Mini revo Brushless ** soon to be upgraded**

I have already found some great info

some I wish I had found before I stripped a diff on my revo LOL

Hey guys, I'm new, and just got a HPI Nitro MT Racer. A friend of mine gave it to me as a basket case. I got it running with a XTM c15 engine. He gave me two of them, both were broken. Made one functioning engine out of two. Nice forum you have here.

Hey guys I am Zach, I'm 19 and I live right outside Memphis TN. I joined because I am interested in buying a Nitro R/C and this seemed to be the place that would have friendly individuals people who know what they are talking about. So that said I don't actually own any R/C cars except from back when I was like 15 and bought a real car and lost interest. Anyway I will be posting a few questions soon to try and get myself set up for maybe late October or early November.

(I also posted this in the Lounge Intro tread because I followed a link there. Not sure which one is really Official?)

Hey Everyone, Jeremy here. I've caught a few of Squirrel's videos on youtube and they are great so I decided to check out this forum. I'm sorta new to R/C? When I was real young I had a RC10 and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I'm 28 now and thought, why in the world haven't I gotten an 1/8 scale nitro buggy yet? An 1/8 scale nitro buggy was my dream toy when I was little.

So I started doing research and realized that the hobby has come a very long way. I was excited to see 1/8 scale electric and started learning about lipo and brushless tech. It seemed like that was for me since I live in a very urban area and nitro was probably not going to be an option. Maybe someday.

Long story short, I now have a RC8FTe and it made me feel like a kid again. Went with mamba monster, 2200kv and a 6s Maxamp to tear-up the local park.

I already have a question for everyone though. Squirrel eluded to an electric RC8 project in ask squirrel video #40. It was a tease because he didn't mention the project name! I really wanted to watch the videos because it was my exact project! Did Squirrel end up doing the videos or are they in the hopper?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

hey i,m a 13 year old from a small town my dad flys remote control planes and everytime we were in a hobby shop i got looking at the cars so about a year ago i got a XL-5 stampede and its AWESOME!!! I found this forum well watching some of Squirrels videos on youtube and ya thats how i got into the hobby :D

Whats up ladies and germs! im new to this site i joind a few days ago and havent got around to fully checking youguys out. havent messd with R\C in over 10 years so you can say im a noob right now lol until two months ago after i traded my ae nitro TC3 for my friends Traxxas Rustler electric i bought a new body for it and put a proLine sticker on it with an old Trinity sticker on the with an a team Tekkin sticker on it. I changed the motor on that that like 5 times cause i want it to be fast enough so i can race it. It has a reedy Rage motor in it it's my dads old Super speed way motor. when it stops raining ima test it out but when started to watch Squirrel's videos on youtube i learnd alot and rememberd alot from watching his videos and now. I'm back in the game and ready to break somthing LOL...

the rides i got

{TRAXXAS RUSTLER} electric non brushless

{Bolink legend x2 } electric

{1983 Tamiya Grass hopper } FOR SALE

and thats all my rides...had to sell a few to make money wish i sill had them :(

Hi new to the hobby here. picked up a slash 4x4 about 2 months ago. Watched a lot of squirrels videos.

welcome nutter lol yes we all love his videos im always on posting on his videos he puts up like vid 2 on his new axial

Hi from Fort Worth TX. Returning to the hobby after a long break. I am looking forward to getting to know y'all and picking your brains for info.

Hi, New guy here from Mass.I have quite a fleet of rc's and it is always growing.Loking forward to all the info I can learn.

WELCOME to the fourms fellas kick back and chill theres plenty of info and room to break and fix somthing xD

Hi guys! I'm rcboatdriver1234 of Drive RC the website and you tube channel although I do not mean to outshine Brian (squirrel) here I just wanna let everyone know that if you are interested check out my website http://www.driverc.webs.com if you can't find it on TheToyz or at Drive RC it probably doesn't exist! I can help with almost any rc issue and when it comes to boats (well yep if the name doesn't give it away) thats my specialty I consider myself one level beneath Squirrel and hope to some day master the rc field. With the power vested in me I dub thy Squirrel of TheToyz!!!

Howdy fellas. Just joined, live in Finland. Got my first RC car about 20 years ago and that lasted for a while but then in the late teens got interested in other things :)

I got back into the hobby a year ago. Now I'm buying RC cars for my 6 year old son lol... I enjoy working on the cars and doing crazy stunts. Currently running two buggies and a truggy.

Hey all new to the forums here. I came from hpisavageforums but my bash crew there has dwindled away, so a new forum to meet new people to bash with in the Baystate area :P I'm an RC addict. I currently own 3 - Hpi savages, 1 - Hellfire, 1 - Baja 5T, 1- MT2, 1 - Eflight CP+ (oh thats not it). The wifey owns 1 - savage, 1 - RS4, ALL of the Raminiators, 1 - Axial rock crawler. I think thats it now haha. This is an old pic of my cabinet. http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/Te...r/Rccabinet.jpg and my work bench http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk73/Te...RcWorkbench.jpg

Howya going ? just joined up & i'm from Melbourne Australia .I've been lurking around at the losi desert truck section and found lots of info to up grade my micro DT which i just bought. Its not my only R/C i have, in my stable i have a HPI baja with a 28.5 cc , Savage 3 speed with a team infinity 32R-Z,Cen MG16 customized, Tamiya TG10 2 speed with full alloy & CF runing a Novarossi 12.. Mini Rio brushless boat,Blade SR Heli + Nine eagle pro II heli... Glad i found this forum....

Hello everyone,

I'm from Calgary Alberta Canada. I started into RCs about two years ago and came here after watching several of Squirrel's vids on youtube. This also seems to be the best resource for RC18's information and parts!

Cheers,

Berg