r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

hello all,

yes as usual a noob,, but im turn 40 today and been in to rc since....well i dont know...lol i can say this... my firsy nitro was a string guided plane. a p51 mustang.... so anyway im here to stay and have alot of fun thanks for having me..

sorry trying to get things set up... no testing room...

Hey guys and gals.

my name is colin i race a jato 3.3 with the ofna .28 carb and all aluminum chassis and integy piggy back shocks with traxxas tie rods and the resonator pipe.

cid__downsized_0720001709.jpg

sorry for the broken antenna and the long fuel line i just got around to fixin her up and havent got that far yet

Newbie here, been involved in racing on and off for some time. Currently getting into the Sc area and 18th scale (SC18 and RC18R) Later Ron

Hello everyone!, I'm Iranian,sorry for my bad English then!:-)

Hi Guys !

Im comming from Poland with hearty hello to all ! My current rc sets are HPI Baja 5b SS and F10 (or Formula Ten)

I am very Kean on wathing Squirrelod YT channel with lots of BL, LiPo (...and so on) explanation.

It changed my thinking about electric, which is on higher lvl than 10 years ago - and i thought, it has much more capabilities than Nitro and Petrol. E's are more quite, with right gearing, motor options and battery pack it can be faster than nitro or petrol !

See You all at the Forum, Cheers and best regards !

Hi guys! am new here from Philippines. Been 2years now since I started browsing, searching, reading and fell in love to TRAXXAS PRODUCTS first love was E-REVO full scale but now NEW LOVE MERV!!! But for now am still dreaming of someday be able to have one and another one for my son. Due to my place is too far from the US of A shipping cost is too expensive and not safe for me.

Anyhow maybe this December a friend of mine will help me buy and bring the MERV personally in my place!

So WELCOME me guys! Am proud to be a member!!!

'Allo!

I just got back into the hobby after about a 2 year break. I'm 14 and have a Mugen MBX5T. I live in the middle of Alabama (Calera) and usually head down to the Shelby County RC track when I want to do some track bashing, I'm actually planning on going out there on a race day to hopefully meet some other people in my area who race,

New around here but not to rc. And this may be a dumb question but I put the wrong time period in when I made my account. Its supposed to be pacific standard time. Is their a way to change this? Or did I just scr** up my account?

Hello all. Returning to the hobby due to recent interest from my kids. Used to race buggy's and planes years ago, but got out of sport after I started driving... (all my $ started going to bigger cars!! :-P ) I've spent the last few months just trying to reacquaint myself with how much the hobby has grown. Wow... drifting, crawling, bashing... it's amazing to see how far it's come in the last 20 years. I remember when Tamiya was IT!!! I was reminiscing with my daughter about when I did my first motor swap in my Nikko Rhino buggy and I thought that thing was greased lighting (probably 30+ mph)... now I can grab some lipo's and a MMM brushless kit and do 60+... unreal!! Definitely had some catching up to do. It's been like drinking from a fire hydrant! As for rebuilding my RC garage, I've finally made my mind up on a Traxxas Summit for now, as it brings a nice blend of "go anywhere" without being too fast to handle. (LOL, it's been a while since I've driven these, so no Savage Flux's yet). Unfortunately, I fear I'll be purchasing a short course truck very soon... (ugghh, more $$$) as the thought of track racing again makes me all gooey and warm inside. I absolutely love the scalers, and I'm blown away by how lifelike some of these rigs are. Amazing! As for the Summit, the only plans are deciding on a new body (not a huge fan of the stock one) and paintjob, and a few upgrades to the chassis. I'd love to combine some scale look to the Summit as well, perhaps with a Tamiya Tundra body. Love how real that thing looks. Anyhow, glad to be here and looking forward to talking to everyone as I dive head first off a cliff into RC madness again!

Thanks,

Todd

Hello! another newbie here, well new to trucks that is, been flying heli's for 8 months and planning on getting my first truck sometime this fall. Thinking about the E-maxx brushless because my LHS stopped stocking HPI haha, well im glad to be on here

welcome to the toys everyone

welcome to the toys everyone

Thanks Ghost! Looking forward to getting to know everyone in here.

we r a bunch of friendly ppl who all share the passion. u'll enjoy it here

Hello everyone, new member as of yesterday. I've got a Rusty XL-5 upgraded with CC sidewinder & 4600 kv combo with a 9.9v 5000mah 50C LiFe battery. Also have a 1/18 Losi MRC that my 3 year old has taken over. I'm looking at getting him a Micro-T for Christmas since he saw one in the lhs & loved it, so that brought me to this forum and I've been reading about the Micros. Great info so far. I also discovered the new Losi 1/24 rally from reading about it here, and now I guess I'll have to get myself one of those for Christmas(if I can wait that long)

Hey guys,

Name is Justin, from Alberta, Canada, recently purchased a brand new Traxxas E Revo Brushless and stumbled across this forum... Lookin' forward to get to know some of you..

Hey there! I am new to RC. Always wanted one and finally talked the wife into letting me get one. I have a Team Losi LST upgraded to LST2. Working on converting it over to truggy so I can do some racing. We are currently stationed in Japan and will be back stateside sometime around Nov/Dec. Looking forward to all the help I am sure I will be receiving since I am a FNG so just bare with me cause I catch on rather quickly. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I live in southern VT. Was in to nitro about ten yrs ago, well things happen & here I am back in the game again. Found this site though squrrials YouTube vids,very good by the way . Will be using them to get back up to speed. The electronics now are totally insane. Just bought a Revo 3.3. What a beast. Any good advise on this animal would be great.

Thanks.

Hello everyone, I am Zer0, hopefully i can be a great member on thetoyz.com, I came from another forum, and from watching squirrels youtube videos..

thank you guys

Hello folks, hope you all are well. Name's Stephen and I'm mainly a basher. I'm still relatively new to the hobby and still learning most of the basics, so be gentle with me XD I run a Slash 2wd, Stampede, E-Revo brushed, and a MERV-VXL.

Gosh!

Seems like im the only girl around here!

Love makeup, shopping and all the usual girly feminine things, however im quite partial to being a tomboy occasionally too!

No nothing about cars except how to drive, so decided to start small and work my way up eventually!

Being a joy learning all about these little 1/8 nitro cars things,

however did break a nail when trying to pull the pullstarter!

Hope to learn much more from you guys..

x