r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

Hey everyone. I'm a 34 year old father of two and I love this stuff(rc). I recently tore my left acl and this injury has actually brought me back to the hobby. And I now have my kids involved. It's great fun and I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Welcome! This really is a family hobby! Our whole family is now into it in less than a year! Good luck with the acl! I had my acl repaired last year! Painful it is, but after surgery, and physio you be as good as new! The damn artheritis is painful though at times, but its better then poping a knee out every week! Get well soon friend! ;)

Hello all.

I'm returning to the hobby after a few years off. I treated myself to a mini Slash earlier this month, and now I'm being tempted by the Losi micro crawler, as well as looking at converting the Slash to a Revo.

I suppose there's no turning back now, is there?

I found the forums through Squirrel's video's on youtube, and I'm looking forward to placing my first order from thetoyz once the Proline titus wheels are back in.

I'm looking forward to learning more about these crazy little cars.

Dmcchaser

Hi Guys 'n' gals just starting up again after a few years off (nearly 25) but nitro this time not leccy, I have a Hyper 7 tq sport with loads of new upgrades so nearly a 7 3/4.

Over in the UK so parts are more expensive and some are harder to get than others, I am looking forward to learning again and also offering any advice I can along the way.

So a BIG hello to everyone from me Fraggs over here in the sunny UK

Hi everyone. I'm new here (obviously). :D

Well, I own a few RCs.. Nitro Rustler, decked out LST1, Losi 8ight, and the Mini Revo. I had a few others but I sold em off.

Hopefully I can learn some good (electric) stuff here! lol

Hey all,

My name is Jeremy. Just got into RC trucks this year. Back in the day I had a few RC cars, but now I'm mostly interested in RC boats witch I have a bunch. After playing around with my buddies aftershock I just had to get one lol. So now I have a Revo and can't wait to start making her sick!

Welcome to The Toyz forums my friends! Please make yourselves at home :)

Enjoy ;)

Heath

after i have been on hear for a couple of months i have never been on this thread, i am luke from the uk

i have a acme conquistador stript it and rebuilt it ;D it has now got a smoother ride and stiffer shocks at the back and light ones at the front forget what shock weight oil i put in, cheers luke :D

I am also looking for a hpi sprint 2 car or any electric drift car or even a nitro touring car. cheers luke :D, hows it going jughead and heath :D

Hey ya'll I'm Seth and I am new to the forum. I race cars, fly airplanes, and fly heli's. I'm in Renton, WA for a year now and getting used to the weather :blink: Glad to be a part of the hobbies. Thanks

Hey guys. im new to r/c. recently i bought my very first truck. a traxxas 1/16 e-revo vxl! im very interested in learning all i can about r/c toys :D

Regards

Hey guys,

Just joined the forum, just want to say hello from Montreal, Canada!

Hello everyone!

Warning... new guy posting! :lol:

Little bit about myself...

I'm from Centreville, VA (About 30mins away from Washington DC)

Last RC I owned was about 10 years ago, one of those $150 RTR from the local dealers. very little power and would run for about 10 mins before the batteries went dead LoL

Currently in the mind numbing process of trying to make up my mind which RC will be the most fun for me.

Was watching all those cool RC vids on Youtube when I found some vids by Squirrel, great vids btw. So after watching more vids from him I found myself over here on the forum.

"Veni Vidi Velcro" - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Interests are many but a few of them would be... My Harley, RCs, Racing, Anime, Video Games, Building Custom PCs, Camping, Travel, Music, Sci-Fi, Fanasty, MTG, D&D, Playing Guitar, My Friends, Games, Barbecues, Beer, Vodka, Stunt Kites, making others laugh and anything else that is fun!

I'm a HVAC field supervisor, you know... the "AC Guy". Great job, no office, no boss breathing down my neck, meet lots of cool people and get paid good money to help others.

And as you can see... I'm a motor mouth for sure! :lol:

Looking forward to getting back into RCs and also meeting you all!

Complete noob here. Been wanting an rc foreeeever. Started researching, came across Squirrel and finally bought one (MERV brushless) 4 days ago. The thing is awsome!!! I've broken it so many times its a shame, but i love repairing it...... not spending the money :angry: , just doing the repairs :D:wub::D . But i guess one comes with the other. Needless to say ... im hooked B)

Hello all, new here just looking for some info on rc cars as it's going to be my first nitro. I saw Squirrel's youtube videos and decided to check this place out

hey everyone

My name is Brian I am 23 and married to a beauitful woman. I am a golf teaching professional. I live in Jacksonville, Florida I am new to the R/C thing. I just got a revo 3.3. Are there any books or videos that I can buy to help me uderstand and learn more?

Thanks

okay im the new guy. i just got into this hobby. im 22 years old. i have a traxxas nitro sport. with the trx .15 motor. i know it sucks.!!!! bigger motor coming soon. maybe 3.3!!! i have a few questions. the guy i bought it from messed with the low speed needle and the high speed needle. what is the correct settings out of the box? my next question is will the 3.3 traxxas motor fit into it. my next question is? how do you make more horsepower from the stock motor? thanks frankie

hey everyone

My name is Brian I am 23 and married to a beauitful woman. I am a golf teaching professional. I live in Jacksonville, Florida I am new to the R/C thing. I just got a revo 3.3. Are there any books or videos that I can buy to help me uderstand and learn more?

Thanks

Welcome to TheToyz! The best place to learn about the Revo is right here on the forums. And its free! ;) If you have any questions just ask. There are many revo owners that would love to help.

Hello, I'm Ray, recently retired navy vet and I'm fairly new to any grade rc stuff. Last month, as a starting-my-life-gift, I bought a stampede vxl. Now it's a spiffy little truck, a little flippy for my tastes. I wrecked it a few times, it's currently bagged and tagged on my desk waiting for me to dye the chassis (broke the first one).

I plan on getting into short course racing in the near future.

I saw some spiffy videos on YouTube which pointed me here. Looking forward to learning a lot, and later on passing what I learn to others.

Just joined up a little while ago, looking at getting into the hobby...as doing outdoor stuff with a friendly group of people is perfered to getting pissed off at some console or computer game...so I thought a new hobby might be in order =) might join the MRCR (the local racing club)...can't wait ^_^