r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

The Cow    0

Pull up a seat and get comfortable :) We will start with E = MC CUBED :lol:

Make yourselves at home my friends!

Heath

Hello all. I'm very excited about what little I've seen of this forum so far. I'm anxious to browse around after this post. I found you guys by way of Squirrel's YouTube site. RC cars have been an off and on passion for me since I was a kid. My father and I used to race indoor carpet oval on foam tires back in the 80's. That was when Team Associated was dominating the scene with their aluminum tub chassis RC10. D&D Hobbies along HWY 99 on the north side of Turlock, CA is where we started our obsession. Their first track was a half pipe skateboard ramp with some office carpeting laid over it. I was young then and mostly watched my father and his friends race their RC's painted and styled to match their favorite NASCAR drivers rides. Finally I was able to convince him to let me race in the novice class. He found an old used Hornet RC for sale, ditched the buggy lid, slapped some foam tires on it, replaced the shocks with struts, and painted up a cherry red 57 Chevy body for my debut race. To be honest with you I don't remember how well I did or did not finish, but it did not matter at that point. What did matter was how excited I was. It was one of the most thrilling things I'd ever done up to that point of my 12 year long life. Not long after that D&D Hobby moved into an old feed store warehouse in downtown Turlock. The new track was still carpet oval, but was not a skateboard ramp. Actually it was practically flat. It was a cool set up that had a hobby shop upstairs over the pits with a balcony overlooking the track. Over time I watched the crowd get bigger, the track get fuller, and the Saturday night racing lasting longer and longer into the night. Dad made a custom motor mount that allowed us to change pinion gear sizes and continued to tweek the suspension. I started to dominate the novice class in my Hornet against RC10's and Losi that had far superior design than my Hornet, but over time they began to catch me. I'll never forget the christmas when I opened up a box to find a brand new Team Associated RC10 of my very own. This was and still is the best christmas present I've ever opened. The next 3 days I spent building the car solidified a life long passion. Dad and I raced strong for a few more years, but high competition and tough economic times, mixed with my desire for a real car brought our weekly racing fun to an end. After that is was a good 10 years before I bought my first Nitro RC. The HPI Nitro MT is what I finally decided to buy. Soon after a good friend of mine bought one two, and then we got our girlfriends one two. We had 4 bashing the fields at once and played with them for a couple years before taking a break for a few more years. After catching a few video's on YouTube of some RC cars jumping real cars and houses, I got the itch again. Did a little research and now I've been running my REVO for the last couple years. I'm still trying to get my buddy to upgrade from his HPI Nitro MT that's been sitting on his shelf for years now, but no luck, yet. Well, sorry to boar you all with this long story. I didn't mean to do that, it just kind of all came out. I have some pictures of D&D's first track, and maybe there second somewhere. I'll make sure to find and scan them soon. For now here is one of my current ride:

post-8616-1235070586_thumb.jpg

revomaniac    0

Welcome to the toyz every body, your one stop place to get your questions answered and to help other people; no B.S just 100% RC fun so sit back and relax and thank you for choosing the Toyz forums, be sure to check out thetoyz.com for your shoping needs!!!!! Any way welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revomaniac out!!! :D:P:lol: - my announcing skills need some work!! LOL :lol:

etb75    0

Hi Noob here... Starting with the Micro DT... Totally rebuilding one and having troubles already... Glad to have a resource...

BigBubba    0

Welcome Boyz!!!! If ya get into a bind just post a new thread and ask! We got you covered!

Hi peeps been watching squirrelods amazing youtubes vids and seen his forum addy so thought id drop by see whats up over here man this huy nos his stuff bout nitro cars so aas ive got a stealth XB in post as i type (i hope lol) and i wanna learn from the best id thought this would be the place to come...im in the U.K my mate got me in to this nitro stuff with only 1 go on his old serpernt 835 on road car but after getting that bad boy up to only half speed cause of bein in bumpy and stoney car park i was hooked on it and here i am after watching all 10parts of his Utube stuff...

hopeing to find some good peeps here as had som crappy experances in som,e other forums in past so heres hopeing this place is as cool as squirrelods vids are peeps...

the sketchy_fish... :P :P :P :P

The Cow    0

Come on in and get comfortable my friend :) I think you have found the right place ;) Let us know if you need anything!

Heath

Come on in and get comfortable my friend :) I think you have found the right place ;) Let us know if you need anything!

Heath

thanks my friend i think i have yes...

so have i made a good choice in the stealth XB for my first car i read a good review in 1 of the RC mags in the U.K and did a fair bit of reading online and plus i got it for 100pound cheaper than it should be.was either this car or the HPI trophy 3.5 but read some people had probs with it brakeing a lot so went with this model.did i do right??? bear in mind this is my first car and its only for ragging around not raceing as of yet anyway!! :P :P

DA1378    0

Welcome everyone,

And great story ThePresentor209.

This place is great. i don't even bother looking at other RC forums

eavery    0

welcome every body have a seat and relax enjoy yourselves we are a liad back bunch of rc addicts

sbs10v8    0

just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. my name is justin and i live in east tenn and im in the usmc and will be deploying to iraq in 3 weeks. i have a ft rc18b and a nitro rustler. a futaba 3pm fasst radio and ive just recently got back into the rc scene. but im looking forward to reading the forum and pickin yalls brains and you can pick mine too (even though there aint much there to pick at) :wacko: but from what ive read so far this seems like this is a forum not like all the others which i really like.

Justin

Jughead    0
just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. my name is justin and i live in east tenn and im in the usmc and will be deploying to iraq in 3 weeks. i have a ft rc18b and a nitro rustler. a futaba 3pm fasst radio and ive just recently got back into the rc scene. but im looking forward to reading the forum and pickin yalls brains and you can pick mine too (even though there aint much there to pick at) :wacko: but from what ive read so far this seems like this is a forum not like all the others which i really like.

Justin

Hey Justin!

Welcome to The Toyz!

Sounds like a nice set-up!

And BTW

Thank you for your service. :)

Hi,

New here. Been running my LST2 for a few years. Looking forward to exploring these forums.

Thanks for all the vids on youtube.

Dan

Welcome :D

Glad you found us.

Be sure to post some pics of your ride :D

Squirrel    0

Welcome gents!!! Its good to see alot of friendly and new faces roaming around here! :)

revomaniac    0

Justin

Hi, welcome to the forum!!!! :lol:

By the way thank you for your service!!

Hi,

New here. Been running my LST2 for a few years. Looking forward to exploring these forums.

Thanks for all the vids on youtube.

Dan

Welcome to the forum!!!!! :lol:

Squirrel    0

Welcome Mad Hyper!!!

:)