r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

Hi everyone! I have been into nitro since the day I was born! Dont look at my profile as it says that I was born in 1911. Whcih is not true. I dont think that they had RC back then? Well, mayne the Nazis did, but definately not everyone else.

I am from a small German town in Alabama called SchnizleVonDerVille. And it is pretty cool.

Hey everybody! Wanted to say hello, i've been watching Mr. Squirrel's videos for a bit now and have decided to finally join your forum. First a little about me, i'm from Massachusetts, i'm a child stuck in a 30yr. old body (and a big lazy one at that), and i've always had a thing for rc vehicles. It wasn't till i was out of high school a bit and starting my long career in EMS, that i picked up my first real, non department store rc car. It was a Associated 10th scale stadium truck rtr, bought it, played with it, learned on it and was addicted. About a month later i got a Losi XXX-NT, a "gas" powered answer to my rc addiction. Raced em a little, but more than anything they were stress relief and i'm a big fan of little, tedious, patience demanding hobbies. Always having a love for models, i decided to build my own kit, and got a Associated TC3. Had an amazing time building it, buying the engine and bodies and electronics all myself. Over the next 2 years came a 12th scale carbon carpet slayer, and just before i stopped i acquired a 10th scale Losi belt driven 4wd electric (not sure of the model). Then came time to be a grown up, blah blah blah, over a decade goes by and i'm looking to get back into some fun, been shopping around, not sure what i want accept that i want nitro, and preferably a truck cause i need something to beat on while i get my skills back. Hope to use the forum correctly and learn a lot here. Thanks for reading!

-bryan

Hey guys, My names Johnny. I, like everyone else on this page am also new the the forum. I'm from QLD Australia.

I have joined up here to hopefully leach as much info fom you guys as I can as I am very new to R/C. Just over a week ago I brought myself an e revo vxl brushless mini. It's fun but within 24hrs of havin it. I ran it into the tyre o a parked car at full throttle and broke the chasis, front bulkhead and a small part of the steering assembly. I did well. So from that I'm guessing I have a thing or 2 to learn.

Hopefully my new parts will arive in the next couple of days and I'll get to try this thing out a bit more.

Thanks guys.

Johnny of AUS

Hello everyone I am new to TheToyz , and just getting back into RC . I am currently in Iraq and cant think of a better way to pass the time ( When I have it) than my E-Revo , or Blade cp pro2 Heli.

I do hope I can learn from you guys

Thanks in advance

Donny

Hi there and greatings from good old Germany.

Yeas you are reading right, a german Dude found his way to the Toyz. Snice I'am a big Fan of everithing that could be moved by a Radiocontrol and a dedicated Offroad driver it was just a matter of time to find my way to thins nice place. Maybe some of you allready know me or some of my videos on Youtube cause thats my next adiction, filming me and my friends while driving our cars. But don't be afraid I am none of the guys who just put theire Handyclips on Youtube. I youse some realy good editing software and never load up an uncutted clip.

My favorite type of R/C Cars are my 2 Nitro Babys the Mugen MBX6 and MBX6T wich I also drive in competitions. But besides the I have a wide Range of other Cars so I'am not so locked to a race track if I want to drive. All of the are electric so I can realy drive them whenever and where ever I want to.

and to achieve exactly tha, drive in every condition is the reason whay I'am driving 2 Traxxas (1/16 E-Revo VXL / Summit) and one Axial besides the nitros.

For a living I'am working as a barkeeper an my other interests are Computers and Videomaking.

So long Dude, loking forward to have lots of fun here.

Finaly some Pictures and Videos of my Cars:

SmallDragon @ Youtube

file0030c.th.jpg file0026.th.jpg file0034.th.jpg

file0010m.th.jpg file0012.th.jpg file00073.th.jpg

file0002w.th.jpg file0001.th.jpg file0005y.th.jpg

file0021t.th.jpg file0031.th.jpg file0030.th.jpg

file0011g.th.jpg file0010.th.jpg file0009b.th.jpg

file0013.th.jpg file0012e.th.jpg file0047.th.jpg

hey all, thanks for the hospitality!!! i think i just found my new home. i am 24 and been in rc for about 7 years, i have owned a ton of cars, currently i own a revo 2.5 with a 3.3, a revo 2.5 with a o.s. 18, a mini e revo, and last but not least a rc18b with mamba max, i enjoy my hobby and hope to learn much from all and hope i can help some people out with their questions. thanks again.

Josh

Welcome to The toyz forums my new friends :)

Make yourselves at home and let us know if you need some help finding anything! Enjoy ;)

Heath

I'm from the old school that has been out of the fun for many years :huh: and I am finaly getting back into the sport.

There is no place with in 100 miles of where I live to enjoy RC.

I am thinking if I can get the skinny on all the new stuff and get a place set up that maybe I could open a small shop and track than maybe some day I could bring in some big names. I know its dreaming but I have seen what some of the local kids in my area including my own and standing outside would get them more excersize than sittin on the couch with a controler in there hand :D

hello all, im new to the hobby but like all the info i find here. currently i have a tmaxx2.5 and more bashing room than i know what to do with, hoping a 1/5 monster is in the future. oh i also have no clue about forums, threads, or topics..so if i screw up posting blame it on the dog

Hey everyone, hows it going?

I've been around the toyz website for a while but just recently got my account set up for forum use. Ultra useful so I thought I would sign up and be part of the community.

I've had an interest in rc things for a good majority of my life but those were just cheapos. My interest in the high quality rc gizmos started summer last year when I got a Summit for my b day and quickly fell under the rc spell. So now I run my own youtube channel and free website show casing my different rc toys. I'll have to post some pics of my mods sometime nothing all that special but hey they work and they were cheap.

Current vehicles I own.

-Summit

-mini revo

-Mini rock crawler

-jato

-villain ex

Sadly I'm not all that big into mods because I just go out and buy another kit it seems. Of course I want more kits but it is also time to start upgrading. First off I plan to get a MMM for summit, got plans to upgrade my jato, then give my mini revo some loving, and I finally plan to get a go pro hd cam to compliment my rc hero camera now. Anyways this is a fantastic forum and I'm happy I can be a part of it.

Dave

Hello all,

Hello Again I've kinda already said hello on the "unofficial welcoming thread" But rereading that was more praise the squirrel then Hi this is me sooo lol Hi!! this is me, Im on the Mason Dixon line near Westminster MD My name is Bill And I'll be 29 next month. I picked up a super cheap nitro truck last week on ebay just to see if I was really going to enjoy this hobby and Im afraid I do. ALLOT lol A little about my truck, its an antique (duratrax nitro quake) It runs I think it runs well, but I dont know enough to say for sure but now that I have a much better grasp on tuneing it Im pretty confident its going to make me happy next time I get out to play. I broke a wheel shaft last time I was out and am waiting for the part to come in. Ive only actually got the truck to run for about 3 tanks total now... I had starting issues at first but I somehow managed to find a startable configuration of my needles, although it was very rich it ran.. Then I kept killing steering servos... My brother had a ready supply on hand though since he used to play with street cars... I eventually had to tear apart like 5 servos and make 1 good one with the gears that survived... Its only a matter of time until it goes poof though, so Ive ordered a "high torque metal gear" servo. After I got it turning I had fun with it for a tank and a half until I snapped that wheel shaft. Ok so its broken lets go tear it apart...(again more wrenching on this thing then playing with it) So I tore it all the way down cleaned/inspected most of the truck. Noticed my brakes while they released with just a little throttle they were being reapplied after about 50% throttle :blink: Anyway I got that sorted out and am now just waiting to go break it some more. (wheel shaft should be here friday) There ya go a little rambling about my RC thus far. Hopeing to be around here for awhile... I'm thinking I want a savage. So yea... lol see you guys around.

Hiya from here in the UK!

I haven't touched my RC drifter or my NTC3 for a couple of years. Decided to get it all working again, and ended up buying a Hyper 8.5 Pro!

Squirrel's video's have already come in handy! Not sure how I would've got the flywheel/clutch shoes on without it.

Bit of background.... Bought a 2nd hand Hyper 8.5 Pro, since then bought servo's, engine & things. Now waiting on engine spacers & screw kit to fit all of it!

Thinking of making a diary of my 2nd hand Hyper 8.5 Ebay Experience. You just don't realise how many little things you need to buy!

Well it took some tries to get store name exactly right, but persistance paid off - I hope.

NEW TO NITRO - probably heard that before. Came across the "howto" videos and folowed them to this site.

I have a new buggy with a .16 nitro motor which refuses to start. Fires up and burns fuel I put in carb, then dies. Obviously have needle settings wrong since following video I got it primed - fuel just to carb...

I hope to find the right video to get it running and then use the forum to grow in my latest addiction. Just electric helis up to now...

Dave :angry::blink:

My name is Chris, 34yrs old. Im from Bakersfield California. Loved RC for years but have only had a few electrics through high school and in the last year have decided to try the Nito Monster Trucks.I have 4,my first was a thrashed Maxx .15 that I restored and then picked up a used Maxx 3.3 (not the extended#4908),Then the Extended came out and bought one of those brand new but never started or broke it in,its still cherry.Then picked up a used 3.3 Revo.All 4 trucks have brand new engines that havent had a drop of gas yet.Trying to sell the .15Maxx and the #4909Maxx.Revo has a new 3.3 but the Extended Maxx is my project Truck.I bought a O.S.21TM for her and am still trying to find the best pipe for the .21TM.Anyways just wanted to throw that out there and Love the site!

Hey! My name is Cameron and I am 32 years old. I am from Alabama. I have been messing around with nitro cars for about 10 years but I am looking into getting into Electric. I am waiting on my tax refund so I can buy a new truck and I am debating between the RC8TE with a Tekin RX8 or a Mamba Max 2650KV. Or I may stay with what I know and buy a Traxxis Revo Platinum Edition. If any one has any ideas feel free to PM and let me know. I am open to suggestions.

Hello from Texas just wanted to introduce myself Ive always liked RC since I was a little kid with the Tyco stuff, just recently got into the hobby with a Revo 3.3 and really want a Slash 4x4 now hehe. Anyways hope your all having a good day and thanks for letting me join your community.

Hi to all.

My name is Tim. I am from Oshkosh Wi.

I have been into the hobby for most of my life. I started racing every now and then when I was 8 at trackside hobbies in Milwaukee wi. At that point the cool thing was clay oval. Then I moved to Oshkosh about the time I was 15 raced carpet oval almost every week for the next 5 years. Never had the cash to go as fast as the others but still had loads of fun. Now a father of 2 it's alot harder to make time for personal fun but I have managed to put togeather a pretty cool colection of micros mandate minnies.

My current lot consists of 2 old bolink diggers,only one is completed at this time, a losi micro t

a micro rs4 that is completely decked out with all of the goodies including a 6800kv mamba set up that is currently shared with my RC18T. The t is pretty much stock but still fast with the 6800. The micro rs4 is almost uncontrollable.

I think I'm done with my rambling for now. Thanks for having me. It looks like a pretty cool group of people here.

Bring on the info.

Tim

Hi everyone, My name is Michael, I am 28. I just got back into the rc world after a long period. I had a traxxas bullet when I was 13. I use to race (and lose) at our local hobby shop. I sold it cause I thought a hundred dollars was alot back then. I wish I never got rid of it now. Well fifteen years later I decide to get back into rc. I now have a traxxas rustler vxl, and a Losi Micro Highroller. I am getting a nitro rustler some day. I dont know much about rc cause I have been away for so long. I am not use to lipo battery and brushless engines. All new stuff I guess. I will learn someday. Well thats about all for now. I joined this forumn to hopefully learn all I can about my vehicle and renewed hobby. Thanks for reading, and a general hi to everyone.

-Michael

Hello new to the forum. I bought my first nitro in dec 09 it is a revo 3.3. That hooked me so i was looking for a short course truck at the LHS and i saw the jato 3.3. i ended up buying that instead of the short course truck. So i have a ton of fun with the 2wd and the 4wd. In general im new to rc's, but i have already broke enough parts to be confident in fixing anything. I shoot rockets for a living so i am sure this should be simple enough.

Welcome to the best R/C spot around my friends :) Make yourselves at home and feel free to post some pics of those rigs... We are suckers for anything R/C ;)

Heath

G'day All,

I better introduce myself... I'm Mike (Michael or Mauve works as well) from Naracoorte in country South Australia. I came across the thetoyz site after buying a RC18T and doing some research on the net for parts and upgrades etc.

I currently race an OCM Kaos DT19 EVO Pro and Mugen MBX6T, committee member of the local RC Club and general all round clown :D

I bought a RC18T and a Losi Mini-T for myself and daughter initially so we could have a bit of a giggle at home together. Ella only being 2 1/2 is not exactly nitro friendly. She has a ball with her little Losi zooming it around the lounge room and front yard (the furniture doesn't look as nice now though, oh well). Ella always comes down the track with me to watch me race 1/8 nitro and is always trying to play with them, now she has her Losi, she's as happy as larry. It was a bit of an eye opener when she tried to start the OCM, it had fuel in it, she picked up the controller and glow ignighter, pop the glow ignighter on the plug and pushed, the only reason it didn't start was I had turned the starter box off, luckily. Thus the Losi was bought.

Recently, with concern of loosing reflexs over the wet weather period, I proposed to the club to start indoor offroad 1/18 electric, thus the hunt for upgrades for the little 18T started. A number of the club have already bought cars since and a large number are keen to give it a go, you may see a few more from Naza appear on this board before long. Oh well, better get back to work, may post a bit of a build thread later. Have fun.

Cheers

Mike