r00st3r

The Official Introductions Thread

1,341 posts in this topic

I just didn't feel the need to add yet another intro topic to this part of the forum simply to introduce myself, and figured why not make a dedicated thread for the topic! :P Anyways, maybe a mod can pin this thread! I guess I'll start...

I'm a super noob to the hobby! :lol: My brother got himself a Tamiya Lunchbox last week, and he let me take it for a spin.... hook, line, and sinker! I loved it!! So much that I ordered myself an RC yesterday! :D Soon to be the proud owner of a 1/18 scale LOSI Mini Desert Truck! Hopefully it will be just as much fun!! Anyways, I hope to make my stay here a long one as I get more involved in the hobby! Take Care, TTFN!

-r00st3r

I just didn't feel the need to add yet another intro topic to this part of the forum simply to introduce myself, and figured why not make a dedicated thread for the topic! :P Anyways, maybe a mod can pin this thread! I guess I'll start...

I'm a super noob to the hobby! :lol: My brother got himself a Tamiya Lunchbox last week, and he let me take it for a spin.... hook, line, and sinker! I loved it!! So much that I ordered myself an RC yesterday! :D Soon to be the proud owner of a 1/18 scale LOSI Mini Desert Truck! Hopefully it will be just as much fun!! Anyways, I hope to make my stay here a long one as I get more involved in the hobby! Take Care, TTFN!

-r00st3r

Welcome to the forum r00st3r :) We are glad to meet you!

Great idea on the Introductions thread, but we beat you to it :) Introductions- just who are you? Sounds like a reason to tell us a little more about the r00st3r ;) I always wanted a lunchbox... Brings back memories of many wasted tempertantrums conducted in hopes of getting one, Never worked :lol: Nice Choice on the Mini, Losi makes a great RC! Ahh the memories of my first :D

Make sure to post some pics...

Heath

Welcome to the forum r00st3r :) We are glad to meet you!

Great idea on the Introductions thread, but we beat you to it :) Introductions- just who are you? Sounds like a reason to tell us a little more about the r00st3r ;) I always wanted a lunchbox... Brings back memories of many wasted tempertantrums conducted in hopes of getting one, Never worked :lol: Nice Choice on the Mini, Losi makes a great RC! Ahh the memories of my first :D

Make sure to post some pics...

Heath

Darn! I thought I had made good on a first thread... Oh well! <_< Oh Don't you worry, I plan to post pics, and hopefully some vids too! Ya, the Lunchbox is definately fun, but I feel it's overprised for what you get in quality! Definately a nice looking thing though! :D

Hello everyone, I'm new to the R18 world coming from the 1/5 and 1/8 arenas.

Welcome Colby! Make yourself at home my friend :)

Big scales... mean big pics ;) Feel free to share em!

Heath

Welcome Colby! Make yourself at home my friend :)

Big scales... mean big pics ;) Feel free to share em!

Heath

See!! This could definately be an official Intro thread!! :P

Hi All, I am very new to the scene .. this is my 3rd day in fact ... found the site after finding some of Squirrel's videos while searching for engine break in ...

been trying to fly RC Heli's for a couple months with no success ... except to the LHS for spare parts when I crash... and thought I'd give RC Nitro's a go ... man, I WISH i hadda tried this first ... best fun I've had in ages ... literally years .. and thanks to squirrel's video's .. i have found the break in relatively easy!..

Cheers...

Welcome to The Toyz, r00st3r, Colby, and Kharntiitar. We love pics and videos post all you can. If you have any questions feel free to just ask.

hey guys, another noooob here. my first nitro car ever with be arriving later this week, and i found this forum after doing some research and finding squirrels vids on youtube. i look forward to learning a ton about rc's and hopefully keeping the addiction to a minimum (i also collect/ride BMX and that addiction has gotten out of control). the good news is i've been a member of many different types of forums and make it a habit to use search before asking, but that doesn't mean you won't see a bunch of noob questions from me in the future, so please be patient. alright, thanks for the great site.

welcome guys enjoy this place its the best drama free rc forum around no B.S

Geez....haven't been in here in a while....look at all the new guys!

Welcome all, glad you found us. Enjoy and have fun!

Don't be afraid to ask questions or post pics of your rides!

Hello - I watched some of Squirrel's videos on YouTube and figured this would be a nice place to hang out and pick up RC info. Some of the big forums are annoying to read sometimes.

Thanks - Here are my current RCs:

HPI Savage Flux HP

Losi Speed-T

e-Flite Blade mCX

Traxxas E-MAXX (For Sale)

I'll have to get some pictures together when I clean the Speed-T up and put the new wheels, tires, and body on.

Anxiously awaiting those pics and welcome my friend! :)

I, too am just joining the group.

I currently am the owner of a Slash, Tamiya TB02 and TA05, Axial Crawler, RC18B, Traxxas Mini Quake, and a Sportwerks Recoil.

It's like I tell my wife, you have to have one for each occasion.

And, by the way, I'll probably be the fat guy that always says sorry for wrecking you!!!

whitben

ps

pictures coming soon...

Welcome to The Toyz Forum :D

Can't wait to see the pics!

It's like I tell my wife, you have to have one for each occasion.

Now that's hilarious :lol:

Welcome to The Toyz forums my friends, A small slice of RC heaven! :)

Heath

I like his idea!

Well hello there, im new to the hobby of nitro rc. Im Jeff. aka Super-6-1. and well, yea thats it, my first car is a HPI RS4 EVO3+ awsome little thing. Im looking to get into drifting. Anyway, hello!

Welcome Super :D

Feel free to browse around, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Post them pics

howdy all...just got a mini lose crawler...new to the mini crawling thing.....ive had a fullsize crawler/wheeler for many years.....im from graham,wa...

Hola Lead Foot!!!

How do you like the mini? They look like alot of fun!

Im a few miles north of you. Its nice to see more local guys on here.

Welcome and have fun! :)

Welcome to The Toyz my friends! :) Make yourselves at home and let us know if you need anything ;)

Heath