slowping

New guy from the great white north

Hey all, my name is Sean and im from Ontario, Canada.

I found this place through my friend Wicked, who got me into RCs a few years back.

At the moment i dont have any RCs but i can tell you about my RC history. My first RC was an RTR XXX-S which i bought so I can race with Jason at a local track. I was immediately hooked and started buying hop ups and really enjoying the hobby, mostly just 1/10 on road. I picked up various Xray cars until the local hobby store that ran the races closed. I sold my car and picked up a Ripper Clodbuster off ebay, my first ever monster truck. I really enjoyed it and ended up grabbing a used XXX-T Matt Francis as well to kick around, what a fun truck that was. I also have (i forgot) a E-Flite helicopter that i recently smashed into my garden outside. It was fun while it lasted :lol:

So why am I here now? Im here because once again, Jason has got me interested in RCs, mostly the Micro T. From what i've seen so far this is a really great spot, i hope to be able to contribute and share my experiences here with you all. Also, i can be some help if some of you are having computer related problems. :) I'll try to find old pics of my RCs to post up for you guys to see.

Welcome to thetoyz forums Sean!

Hey all, my name is Sean and im from Ontario, Canada.

I found this place through my friend Wicked, who got me into RCs a few years back.

At the moment i dont have any RCs but i can tell you about my RC history. My first RC was an RTR XXX-S which i bought so I can race with Jason at a local track. I was immediately hooked and started buying hop ups and really enjoying the hobby, mostly just 1/10 on road. I picked up various Xray cars until the local hobby store that ran the races closed. I sold my car and picked up a Ripper Clodbuster off ebay, my first ever monster truck. I really enjoyed it and ended up grabbing a used XXX-T Matt Francis as well to kick around, what a fun truck that was. I also have (i forgot) a E-Flite helicopter that i recently smashed into my garden outside. It was fun while it lasted :lol:

So why am I here now? Im here because once again, Jason has got me interested in RCs, mostly the Micro T. From what i've seen so far this is a really great spot, i hope to be able to contribute and share my experiences here with you all. Also, i can be some help if some of you are having computer related problems. :) I'll try to find old pics of my RCs to post up for you guys to see.

Welcome to TheToyz forums my friend! :D We are getting so many members from up north I am beggining to wonder if you all are planning a silent takeover :lol: Seriously though we have alot of Canadian members and all of our members make us the most drama free and helpful forum known to RC ;) Make yourself at home, dont hesitate to ask any questions, enjoy..... And for god sakes by another RC!! :)

Heath

Ontario in the house!

Where abouts in Ontario are you from Sean? I'm in Mississauga.

-Tim

Welcome to The Toyz!

Glad you found us.. Let us know if we can do anything to help you out! :D

Im wayy up in North Bay

That is indeed more of a 'great white north' than Mississauga is! (I'm just a few minutes from downtown Toronto)

I drove to North Bay for a cousins wedding a few years ago. Took 4 or 5 hours each way.

-Tim

welcome slowping, I guess only the guys that are in the PC profession can gain a laugh at that name. What do you do in the realm of PC's? I am a software support tech as well as a installer. I work for a semi small Pharmacy software vendor that supplies applications for pharmacies and hospitals. I do tech support as well as travel to the site to teach users how to use the application and troubleshoot issues as they come up. We are glad that you found the toyz it is a great place to hang out and talk rc to get away from the day to day hustle and talk about something that we all love. there is a great bunch of guys here that have awesome knowledge. i look forward to seeing you around the forums and the input that you have to give.

welcome slowping, I guess only the guys that are in the PC profession can gain a laugh at that name. What do you do in the realm of PC's? I am a software support tech as well as a installer. I work for a semi small Pharmacy software vendor that supplies applications for pharmacies and hospitals. I do tech support as well as travel to the site to teach users how to use the application and troubleshoot issues as they come up. We are glad that you found the toyz it is a great place to hang out and talk rc to get away from the day to day hustle and talk about something that we all love. there is a great bunch of guys here that have awesome knowledge. i look forward to seeing you around the forums and the input that you have to give.

Im a recent Computer Technology graduate, still looking for work at the moment. Tough out there at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words of welcome everyone! :)

Welcome bro!!!

Welcome to the club. I am also from ontario But Wayyyyyyyyyyy west from You. I live in Thunder Bay (most people from toronto think Thunder Bay is North Bay) and I have an Aunt in North Bay. SO I have been there quite a few times. Is there a race track there? Would be cool the next time I come that way to bring my racer and burn it up some!!!

Cheers